1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS Only: MTD 535-21 Myrtle Burl Top, Poplar Body & Wenge Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bassology, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    Man, I am going to hate myself for this. Just got the bass a few weeks ago, and played a show last Friday, man, its live tone was like nothing else, cutting through like a knife. We had a horrible sound guy, and the worst on-stage monitoring situation ever. After the show, my bandmates were telling me that this bass was the only thing keeping everyone together.

Why am I selling it, you ask? Well, turns out my tax return is around 1k short than what I have originally expected. Also, I had hoped to sell my Roscoe by now, but no one's biting it. My visa bill needs to be paid, otherwise I would be keeping it. If my Roscoe sells first, you bet I will be pulling this off the market.

Here's some description about the bass, it is light in weight and has an amazing asymmetrical wenge neck. This is definitely one of the best basses I have ever played. The top is myrtle burl that's just stunning visually, body is poplar and the neck and board are both wenge.

The bass is in great shape with some very light dings on the body side. They are also some scratches on the tuners and the bridge. Neck is dead straight, low action and recently set up with a brand new set of Rotosound Swing 66. Electronics are quite with no issue. Overall, I would it give it 9.5/10.

Looking for $2950 fee free (ie, Cash, Postal MO, E-Check, etc...) shipped Canada and USA.

**For an additional $50, I will also include a Planet Waves Tru-Strobe Pedal Tuner, specifically designed for Buzz Feiten tunings.

DSC05937.

DSC05938.

DSC05941.

DSC05943.

5f46d2d0c53056b65a571033f418a6e7_zpsca4bbf13.

2. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    Will only consider trade if you have a 34" 5-string fretless and minimum $1750 cash coming to me after shipping cost. The trade value on this one is $3450.

3. bass12

bass12 And Grace, too

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Great looking MTD! It's a shame you have to sell it. Where in Canada are you located?

4. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    Vancouver, BC

5. bass12

bass12 And Grace, too

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Ha, I'm actually in Vancouver today (leaving tomorrow morning). I would have loved to have tried out this bass. I wonder if you live anywhere near where I'm staying (the Sunset Inn on Burnaby street)...

6. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    Not too far off, approx. 20 minutes drive from where you are. PM me if you are serious in meeting up tonight.

7. bassplayer75

bassplayer75 Bassplayer75 Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2009
    salyersville, ky
    I've been looking for an MTD in this wood combo, would you happen to have any vids of the bass ??

8. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    Indeed a classic MTD wood combo. Sorry I have no video for this.

9. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    On hold for for payment tonight........ :)

10. levonrocks

levonrocks

Nov 21, 2012
    Easton, PA
    I've never been so excited over an instrument. I can't wait.

11. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    SOLD, thx Talkbass :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.