1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS Only: Parker Fly FB4 4-String USA Made $1400

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by David Henry, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Henry

David Henry

Mar 24, 2000
    Salem, Oregon
    SOLD. Very Rare Parker FB4 4-String Fly Bass. $1400 plus shipping to USA only. PayPal payment.

All Original with very low hours of use in my non-smoking home. No fret wear and the strings are the originals. I purchased it new from an authorized dealer. The pictures do not show off the quilted top and back as nicely as in person.

Comes with the heavy duty Levy’s Parker gig bag, owner’s manual, truss rod tool and allen wrench.
    Bass weighs about 7.4 pounds with the battery. Serial number is 0303254 which dates it to May 2004.

Bass Condition: like new functioning and excellent cosmetic with 4 very small light nicks in the finish on the edge and extremely fine marks from playing/handling on the body finish, mostly around the strings and control pots. There is a very small dark spot under the clear finish on the front of the body. Gig Bag in new condition. All electronics 100% and no scratchy control pots. The truss rod is fully functional with no neck issues.

Excellent tones and playability. I am selling this because I just have too many instruments and no time to play anymore.

7.4 lbs. of astounding tone, radically staggering looks, and consummate playability! MSRP was $3,358

Lightweight and super-resonant Sitka spruce body is sandwiched between gorgeous quilted maple top and back. The headstock is curly (flamed) maple. The mahogany neck is wrapped in a skin of carbon fiber with a 10"-15" conical section fretboard radius that's a real treat to play. Titanic tone flows out of 2 custom DiMarzio Ultra Jazz humbucking pickups with active Fishman EQ. A Fishman piezo system provides acoustic like tones. Lightweight aluminum locking Sperzel tuning machines and GraphTech nut.

Parker FB4 4-String Fly Bass Features:

• Sitka spruce body
    • Quilted maple top and back
    • Curly maple headstock
    • Mahogany neck wrapped in carbon fiber
    • Carbon-fiber composite fingerboard
    • 34” scale
    • 3/4” string spacing at the bridge
    • 10"-15" conical section fretboard radius
    • GraphTech nut
    • Stainless steel frets
    • 2 custom DiMarzio Ultra Jazz humbucking pickups
    • Active Fishman 2 Band EQ with boost only
    • Fishman piezo system provides acoustic like tones
    • Lightweight aluminum locking Sperzel tuners
    • Made in the USA
    • Includes Parker Levy’s gig bag

Owners Manual Link: http://www.parkerguitars.com/images/...ASS_MANUAL.pdf

More pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/58388632@N03/sets/72157629191741830/

2. Nice bass. I'm gonna see if I can get the cash together for this one.

3. David Henry

David Henry

Mar 24, 2000
    Salem, Oregon
    SOLD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.