1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS Only: Peavey B Quad 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jonnymac, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonnymac

jonnymac Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    I traded an acoustic guitar I wasn't using for this for last week. I traded for it knowing it wasn't really what I wanted but I thought I'd have an easier time getting my money out of this. It comes with the original Peavey hardshell case which is in good condition. Everything works electronically. The master volume pot gets scratchy when the piezo volume is turned up. It is quiet when the piezos are turned all the way down. I'm not sure if this is typical or not as I've never owned a bass with piezo electronics before. There is output from all of the strings on the piezos. I'm going to change the strings and clean the piezo saddles with some alcohol to see if that makes the scratchiness any better. There are some scratches in the clear coat on the back of the bass they were impossible to get to show up in the pictures. There are no dents/dings in the body. The tip of the headstock was bumped a few times as evidenced by the white marks.

Now for the pictures:

100_0559.

100_0560.

100_0561.

100_0562.

100_0563.

100_0564.

100_0565.

100_0566.

100_0568.

I'm asking $800 shipped in the CONUS

2. DanRJBrasil

DanRJBrasil

Jun 10, 2007
    great bass good luck on you sale I am sure that you'll have no prob to sell it quickly , if it was the fiver I 'll be on it in a sec

3. ialma

ialma Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2006
    South Italy
    how low can the action go ? overall state of the neck ?

4. jonnymac

Apr 23, 2009
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    The neck is in good shape the only "issues" are the ding and the marking on the tip of the headstock that are shown in the last picture. As far as how low the action can go I'm not really sure I haven't messed with it that much. There is no truss rod but the neck is straight. The neck is made by modulus and I guess it was in their pre-truss rod days. I'd imagine that there is a fair amount of adjustability though with the neck tilt function.

5. AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Detroit Metro, MI USA
    Never seen one of these before...looks like a BC Rich Eagle! SWEET bass.

6. bump excellent bass!!!

7. ShenmueTacos

ShenmueTacos

May 22, 2009
    Virginia
    ...purty!

8. jonnymac

Apr 23, 2009
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    I just checked it out again since I got home from work and I definitely think the "scratchiness" of the master volume is something inherent with the piezos. The only time its noticeable is when the piezo volume is all the way up and you turn the master volume knob quickly. If its turned at a slower speed the "scratchiness" is non-existent. Shouldn't be a big deal to anyone buying this but I wanted to make sure I give full disclosure. Also I did verify that both of the stereo outputs work.

9. jonnymac

Apr 23, 2009
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    bump

10. jonnymac

Apr 23, 2009
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Bump

11. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    PM!!!

12. alembic5

alembic5

Dec 5, 2004
    Seattle, Wa.
    These are killer basses. I've had mine for 16 years, and the neck has never moved even a little. I'm also thankful this isn't a 5er.... I'd have a hard time passing it up! Bump for a great deal on an amazing bass!

13. jonnymac

Apr 23, 2009
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    SOLD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.