1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS only: Peavey Fury 6, green quilt top

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Blueszilla, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    I have a Peavey Fury 6 string for sale. This bass has very few hours, the plastic is still on the control plate cover, no dings, never left my house. Nice quilt top, nice bridge, and the tuners operate better than any I've tried. Easy playing 6, although I'm not an expert. Comes with a 9.5/10 custom HSC. Would be a great inexpensive entry/medium level 6. Previously listed for $450, I'll drop to $400 firm. I'll split the shipping with the continental US. Prefer North American sale please. No trades please, cash preferred, but I can do PayPal if absolutely necessary.

I am not adverse to keeping this, it plays quite nicely.

Thanks for looking.

2. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    Is this a US made Peavey?

3. Blueszilla

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    I suspect that it isn't, but I really don't know. I'll check tonight and let you know. I bought it on this board.

4. slaerts

slaerts

Aug 3, 2006
    Not a US model, but I forget which Asian country it comes from. Its a great bass for the money. I have the exact same bass, once I pulled the electronics and pickups out and got a good setup it is brilliant.

5. Blueszilla

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Good to know, I thought about doing that. I don't know that I would go to a six actively. If this doesn't sell I won't be too disappointed, maybe I'd give it a try.

It does play very nice, it's light, and the tuners work great. I wish all my basses had tuners that worked as well. It stays in tune better than my JO5.

EDIT: Bass is made in Korea

6. jleguy

jleguy Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2006
    DC Metro
    What scale, 34"? String spacing at the nut and bridge?

7. Blueszilla

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Yes, 34" scale, not sure on the other specs but I will find out.

8. Blueszilla

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Hey, someone stimulate my economy!

9. Blueszilla

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    bump

10. Blueszilla

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Since there has been little interest in this, and I've sold a few basses lately, I've decided to keep this, at least for a while longer. I am closing this thread and if I decide to re-list it, I'll start a new one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.