1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS only: Roscoe Century Standard 6

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Chace90, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I picked this up on here back in mid-February. I believe this is an earlier Century Standard model with the Hipshot A-style bridge, which has adjustable spacing. Ash body, 3-piece maple neck, maple fingerboard. "CB" Bartolini pickups and 18V Bartolini, 3 band EQ (switchable mid-freq), volume and blend with adjustable gain right on the cavity cover. The usual Roscoe 35" scale. Great lows and low mids on this one. That's what Roscoes are for, right?

I had a local carpenter friend make a couple finger ramps. There's only one installed, but there's two that will be included with the bass if the buyer is interested.

I'll include a hard shell case or Roscoe gig-bag. Take your pick.

5E6B5E88-F98A-4F63-9EB8-DB27830B47EC.

More pics here: photobucket.com/RoscoeCS6

The bass isn't in mint condition (I think I'm the 3rd or 4th owner), but everything listed is cosmetic and not visible from the front. There is some marring on the finish on the back of the body and along the side of the neck near some of the frets. There's also a small dent on the side near the jack. Otherwise this bass is in really great shape. Easy to set up.

Selling because I recently bought another Roscoe (CS+J 6 string!) with different woods and pickups. Wasn't sure which I would like best, but I've decided to keep the newer one.

$1600 shipped in the Continental US, paypal works best. EDIT: Partial, semi-specific trades + cash now maybe accepted. ;)

Still would like to net around $1K in a trade, but let's see what you got. Looking for:

NS Design NXT electric upright
    Aguilar TH500
    Aguilar SL112
    Epifani UL-112 (preferably Series I)
    EHX Micro Pog
    Boss RC-30 loop station
    higher end delay pedals
    pedal power supplies
    pedal cable patch kits (George L, Planet Waves, etc)
    Maybe a nice tele or hollow body guitar (but it would take some convincing) :cool:

Really not looking for any other basses or amps at the moment. Still gotta pay for my newer Roscoe.

2. Wow, that's a great price for a great instrument! I would normally wish "Good luck with the sale," but I can't imagine this will remain in the Classifieds section for long. I'm sure someone will scoop it up rather quickly.

3. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    One of my all time favorite basses :) Let me speak to the Mrs about this....

4. Chace90

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    bump!

This is a great instrument for the price. For me, the extended upper horn on the Century series really makes the difference, especially on a strap.

5. Chace90

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Were you one of the previous owners? ;)

6. Seriously!? This is still here after 2 days?

7. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    No :) But the Century Standard 6 is one of my bucket list basses

8. Chace90

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    You won't find one this cheap again anytime soon! :)

9. I was one of the previous owners. Bass plays perfect. I wish I could get it back but can't foot the cost right now. I might have a few sound clips from when I had it if anyone's interested.

10. Chace90

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Thanks! I can throw together some clips too if anyone is interested.

11. Chace90

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Bump. Trade options added!

12. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Bump for a great TB'er to deal with and IMO the best playing 6 available!

..... You'll be hard pressed to find a lower price for a Roscoe 6!

13. PM Sent

14. Chace90

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    This one is sold! Headed to the Boston area. Thanks for looking everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.