SOLD FS ONLY!!! Roscoe SKB-3005

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Justin Beck, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin Beck

Justin Beck

Jan 27, 2007
    Arlington, TX
    Alright everyone,

I am being forced to put my Roscoe SKB-3005 up for sale. It is a bit of an oddity from Roscoe, as it has a white painted finish.

I really, really hate to do this, but both of my parents have had to have two surgeries this summer, and neither was working for a while, so I am helping them. Family first, right.

Anywho, here are the specs:

SKB 3005 Body Style
    Serial Number 4468 (Circa 2000-'01)
    Swamp Ash Body
    Standard Roscoe 3-Piece Maple/Purpleheart Neck w/ Cherry Accents
    Morado/Pau Ferro/Bolivian Rosewood Fretboard
    35" Scale
    Bartolini P45CBC "Classic Bass Pickups"
    Glockenklang 3-Band Preamp, 18v
    Hipshot/Roscoe "A" Style Bridge w/ 18.3mm String Spacing
    Gotoh Tuners
    Black Hardware
    Roscoe Rectangular Semi-Hard Case

Currently wearing DR Black Beauties (45-65-85-105-125) with 8-10 hours of play on them. I don't kill strings, so these are almost brand new, and I will throw in a set of DR LowRiders 45-65-85-105-130 too. The action is set nice and low, but could be dropped a little, if you want it to play when you breathe on it.

One really cool feature is that the treble knob, when in passive mode, serves as a passive tone control.:cool:

Here are some pictures:

Roscoe31.jpg
    Roscoe1.jpg
    Roscoe4.jpg
    Roscoe5.jpg
    Roscoe6.jpg
    Roscoe8.jpg
    Roscoe9.jpg

A disclaimers: There is some slight yellowing of the finish on the body around both horns, nothing that can be noticed from two feet. Also, the body has it's fair share of swirling, and a few very small dings, but my bad camera and very poor photography skills won't show them. There is some minor finish wear around the third fret on the back of the neck, but the surface is smooth, and it is only cosmetic. And, lastly, the Purpleheart has aged to a purple/brownish color over the years, mostly purple, but not very vibrant.

I am pricing it to move at $1500 + Shipping/Insurance. Feel free to make offers, but I can't really go much lower, sorry.

Payment must be paypal eCheck, cashier's check, or postal money order.

I will ship via your preffered shipping method and everything will be boxed and packed carefully and very protectively.

Lastly, thank you for looking.

Best,
    Justin

2. Bump for a really unique Roscoe. I'm very sorry to hear about the circumstances of the sale, and here's wishing for the best.

3. Justin Beck

Justin Beck

Jan 27, 2007
    Arlington, TX
    Thanks Jerry.

I really appreciate the thoughts.

Meanwhile...bump.

Justin

4. Joe BassPlayer

Joe BassPlayer Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Bummer Justin!

Sorry to hear about your situation and wishing you're family the best!

Good luck with the sale and bump for a classy looking Roscoe!

.......Gotta love those Black Beauties on this one! :)

5. serein2j

serein2j

May 25, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Any story on Glockenklang preamp?
    and any push/pull posts for passive/active or Switchable mid frequency?

6. Justin Beck

Justin Beck

Jan 27, 2007
    Arlington, TX
    I am not sure what you mean by "story" on the pre. I know it was put in by CrashClint to open up the sound a bit, so maybe that is what you are looking for.

As far as push/pull pots, the volume knob pulls for passive mode where the treble control functions as a passive tone, but the midrange is fixed at 550hz.

Here is some info from The Perfect Bass

"The Glockenklang 3-band onboard preamp is active/passive switchable (at the volume push/pull) with volume pot, blend pot, stacked treble/bass pot, and mid pot.

The balance-pot has no volume dip in center-position, the treble-pot has +/- 18 [email protected] KHz in active mode, the mid pot has +/- 9 [email protected] Hz, and the bass-pot has +/- 14 [email protected] Hz. Battery-connection is 9 volts.

With these high-performance electronics, you cannot hear a difference between the active and passive modes with a flat EQ!

It comes pre-wired with highly flexible cables.

Features Include:

* 4 pots: Volume, Blend, Stacked Treble/Bass, & Mid
    * Volume pot has Push/Pull for Active/Passive switch
    * Balance Pot w/ no volume dip at center position
    * Bass: +/- 14 [email protected] Hz
    * Mid: +/- 9 [email protected] Hz
    * Treble:
    o Active mode: +/- 18 [email protected] KHz
    * 9 volt battery connection *my bass is running two 9 volts,so 18 volts total*."

Thanks,
    Justin

7. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    This bass is a sweet player and is rare with the white finish. I think it is one of three.

8. serein2j

serein2j

May 25, 2008
    Austin, TX
    lol by "story" I meant why it was installed...:) compare to original how is it different?
    and how's slap tone?

n/m did some home work and found some sound clips and vids....

wanting it more and more and only thing holding me back is $_$ I know it's great price but still T_T

9. Justin Beck

Justin Beck

Jan 27, 2007
    Arlington, TX
    Sold pending clearing of payment.

Thanks Nick!

10. Justin Beck

Justin Beck

Jan 27, 2007
    Arlington, TX
    Payment Cleared, Bass Shipped, Thread Closed!

Thanks again Nick.

I will truly miss this bass.:bawl:

Justin

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.