1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS only: Vintage Acoustic Control Corp 370 Amp Head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by GatorDogDoc, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I picked up this vintage ACC head a short while ago but it is too powerful for my mid-duty cabs (can't turn it past 9:00 position!), so I'm selling it to someone who can put it to good use.

If you're not familiar with the vintage Acoustic brand, these are a totally different beast than the modern (Guitar Center) Acoustic line, and you can read more here:

Unofficial Acoustic Control Corp Website

This line of vintage amps are the ones you see in the pictures and footage from the late 60s and 70s being used by Jaco Pastorius, John Paul Jones, Larry Graham and others. Solid state but with a somewhat "tube" sound and can be overdriven for a little distortion.

This one is from the mid 70s (Generation 2) and is considered "Heavy Duty".

This beauty gets LOUD and is begging for a full stack. Can handle down to a 1.2 Ohm load.

Wattage output is listed as 205 @ 3.2 Ohms, 325 @ 1.6 Ohms, but with modern cabs you'll get a bit less due to less distortion.... but don't get me wrong, this thing plays louder than the listed watts and will rattle the fillings out of your teeth.

This one has the very rare and unobtainable white slider knobs.

It is in good physical condition with some minor nicks in the tolex, typical wear on the handle, original knobs and feet, and a hint of cigarette smoke hanging around from its gigging days.

The middle EQ slider (200 Hz) has a broken base to the slider paddle, so it is a little wobbly. The internal parts (carbon strip, metal rail, phenolic wafer, etc.) are confirmed as all intact and undamaged. My initial attempts to correct it (under consultation with TB forum member Jacklegbass) did not fully stabilize it, but it is functional and does control that frequency. Since I'm not going to keep it, I wasn't going to go back in and do the full repair. If you feel up to it, you could remove it and reglue the nylon slider paddle bass, or get a qualifited amp tech to do it.

Weight is 40 lbs.

$325 shipped anywhere in ConUS, payment via Paypal.
    No trade interest, sales only.

DSCF1222.
    DSCF1225.
    DSCF1229.
    DSCF1236.
    DSCF1235.

2. SOLD! Going to live in Arizona!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.