1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS Only Warwick Corvette Standard Active BO5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bass10bfb, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bass10bfb

bass10bfb Prophet Low End Provider Gold Supporting Member

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    Hello guys and thanks for looking!!!! I never thought I would put this up for sale but here it is; my first ever Warwick (the one that made me buy 8 other Warwicks)!!!! This is the Warwick Corvette Standard Bolt On 5 String with the Active MEC pups. This is a players bass; I gigged it strictly thru several years and 2 CD'S that my band put out. If you are looking for the perfect cosmetic looking bass, please move to the next thread. This one has been played, but still has years left to be played.
    The bass took a tumble at my church during a community event. I had to change out the neck on it with another Wick neck from another German Vette Standard.The body is I believe a 2006 and the neck is a 2008. I went pretty much to 6 strings, and the bass has sit here on a stand for a couple of years now. My daughter plays it some. She started playing at our church a few months ago :)hyper::hyper:). I actually plan on selling this and a few other items to surprise her with a new (or new to her) Warwick that she can call her own!!!
    Pics show some wear on the area around the pickups. I guess where I planted my thumb caused that. MEC lettering is off of one of the pups. The bridge is scratched up some from a lot of string changes and having trouble getting the Wick strings in (bridge probably just needs filed down some). Some of the tuners wore out and were replaced with the Warwick tuners. The nut has been replaced with another JAN (not sure which one this is). Small scratches here and there, but body and neck are in decent shape. I took plenty of pics and can take more as needed. Volume knob is a little loose when turning (probably the pot is wearing out) but it causes no noise so I left it like it is. It could use a good setup; I haven't had time because I work 85-95 hours a week right now and I am just too tired to do it myself. Comes with a Warwick Rockbag that has seen its better days. A little TLC could make this baby sing again!!!

Here are some pics; this is for sale only.
    $700 shipped in the U.S. or best offer.

WarwickCorvette003.

WarwickCorvette009.

WarwickCorvette006.

WarwickCorvette014.

WarwickCorvette039.

WarwickCorvette031.

WarwickCorvette013.

Link to more photos!!!
    http://photobucket.com/corvetteBO5

Please make offers in PM'S if you don't mind. Feel free to ask all questions you want. I will answer asap (remember I work graveyards so I sleep during the day a little). Thanks again for your interest and God Bless!!!

2. bass10bfb

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    Bump....

3. bass10bfb

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    Sold!!!!!!! Thanks again Dakota and God Bless!!! Welcome to Talkbass!!!!

4. bass10bfb

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    Bass is sold...shipped... and received!!! Thanks again Dakota!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.