1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS Only: Warwick Proline 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Righteous Thunderer, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've got this Ocean Blue Warwick Proline 4 string that I never play, so I figure I'll part ways with it and hand it over to someone who will, you know, actually play it ;)

This is a really great bass, easy to play despite a somewhat chunky neck, and THE SINGLE most AGGRESSIVE sounding bass I have EVER played! I went on a huge Warwick kick for a while there, and I owned three Thumbs, a Corvette Std, another Proline, and an Infinity. Out of all of them, this one is by far the most aggressive, growliest bass of the pack (which is why I kept it and sold/traded the rest haha)! I tried to pull up the exact specs using the serial number, but there's something wrong with the Warwick site currently, at least using my computer. If someone else wants to give it a shot, the serial is M-089249-01.

It's got a Gotoh drop-tuner on it, and I'm -fairly- certain that didn't come stock, and is the only modification.

Edit: This bass is ACTIVE/PASSIVE (push/pull volume knob)

There are two dings, one on the lower horn and one on the bottom of the body, and a small scratch about an inch long on the body, all of which are circled in the pics.

Comes with a Warwick Rockbag and a nice, cushy strap that I have laying around and never use.

FS: $650 shipped CONUS

No trades please, need the cash!

Attached Files:

2. Oddly enough, no notorious headstock ding.

Attached Files:

3. I actually didn't notice this until I was doing my second look over, it's pretty hard to see.

Attached Files:

4. Lots of offers and interest, let's get this awesome bass in the hands of someone who will give it the attention and love it deserves!

5. BUMP

6. WOW. Dream color 'Wick. I would love to get this in my hands. Too bad I just bought a laptop. GLWTS

Ben

7. Man, that's too bad, it really is a beautiful instrument, but I'm sure the laptop is probably more useful :p

Edit to the original post: No longer taking trades, need the money to fund non-bass related purchase!

8. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA

9. You wanna talk blasphemy, you're the one saying it wouldn't work with your bands :p You can easily mellow it out with the tone knobs if that's what you're looking for ;)

10. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Fail on my part *bows head in shame* lol

Beauty of a bass. Just like using my p basses too much.

11. I can understand that, I almost bought a P bass rather than my Ibanez. I'm still tempted to pick up a low cost Peavey or SX even though I rarely play anymore, there's something about a P!

12. Sold locally

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.