1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS or FT: Like New USA Lakland JO Joe Osborn rare!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by honest abe, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. honest abe

honest abe Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Weslaco TX
    Audio Engineer for Marcos Witt
    Up for sale is my dear USA Lakland Joe Osborn 4 string bass. It has a rare one piece ash body and bolt on maple neck with birdseye maple fretboard. It is either a 2008 or 2009. It has passive stacked knob electronics and the newer Lakland jazz style pickups. The neck sits tight in the pocket and the action and sound are amazing. This bass would be in perfect condition except it has minor scratches and swirling on pickguard. No other issues. It comes with the original cream colored Lakland USA case also in perfect condition. Now asking $2100 plus shipping for it. I would consider a trade for any high end jazz style bass preferably a 4 string with rosewood fretboard and active electronics. (Suhr, Alleva Coppola, Nordy, Sadowsky, Lull, etc.) I would consider either a straight up trade, plus cash on my end, or plus cash on your end to make the trade even.

I don't have any talkbass feedback but I have dealt with Trujo777 who is very active on this forum. We've traded a few basses. He's the one that recommended this site to me. I do however have a perfect ebay feedback record (my name there is abraham754).

Note: Turns out this bass used to belong to saltymonkey. So I have dealt with someone on "talkbass". He sold it to me on ebay.

2. honest abe

Mar 18, 2009
    Weslaco TX
    more pics...plus you can pm me for higher resolution pics. thanks

I'm located in Weslaco Texas by the way.

3. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008
    I think saltymonkey used to own this one. Nice axe.

4. honest abe

Mar 18, 2009
    Weslaco TX
    You are correct. I bought it from someone named saltymonkey on ebay earlier this year. It was a great transaction. Small world. I didn't know he was a member here. Maybe he has more info on this bass. I would think he was the original owner. Thanks E-Max.

5. DeluxyMike5

DeluxyMike5

Feb 5, 2008
    Houston
    i have personally seen and heard this bass in action, the name sells itself but just as a boost, this bass feels and plays great! and the sound is so true! "perfect condition" does describe this bass to the tee.

good luck with the sell Abe

Mike

6. trujo777

trujo777 Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Central Texas USA
    I have done several deals with Abe and he is truly honest. i suggested him to post here. he is a great guy, honest and will come through. I vouch for him ;)
    I have dealt with him in person and also over the mail several times in the past and will do again anyday. :)

good luck on this awesome bass brother!

7. honest abe

Mar 18, 2009
    Weslaco TX
    Thanks Jorge (Trujo777). Thank you for inviting me into the great talkbass community. I amazed about how nice and supportive the bass playing community can be. I look forward to spending good times here and making new friends.

8. trujo777

Dec 17, 2007
    Central Texas USA
    no problem ;) these guys are great and I know the bass will be gone soon since you are ok and honest. :cool:

9. honest abe

Mar 18, 2009
    Weslaco TX
    also up on ebay

10. honest abe

Mar 18, 2009
    Weslaco TX
    There are higher resolution pics on ebay.

11. honest abe

Mar 18, 2009
    Weslaco TX
    Price drop here to $2100 plush shipping.

12. honest abe

Mar 18, 2009
    Weslaco TX
    Any trades?

13. funkyfretless

funkyfretless

Jan 15, 2006
    Atlanta, Ga
    would you be interested in a original 1964 precision + cash from your end?

14. honest abe

Mar 18, 2009
    Weslaco TX
    Sorry. Not interested in a vintage pbass for now. Thanks for the inquiry though.

15. honest abe

Mar 18, 2009
    Weslaco TX
    bump

16. honest abe

Mar 18, 2009
    Weslaco TX
    more pics...

17. trujo777

Dec 17, 2007
    Central Texas USA
    :eek::eek::eek::eek: Is this still here? how?

18. honest abe

Mar 18, 2009
    Weslaco TX
    Really interested in trades. Willing to trade up or trade down.

19. RD

RD

Jun 17, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Why are you selling it?
    RD
    :bassist:

20. honest abe

Mar 18, 2009
    Weslaco TX
    I'm looking for something with an active preamp like Sadowsky, Nordy, Alleva, etc. I tried installing a JRetro preamp and it won't go in without modification and I'm not gonna gut this beautiful bass out. I tried it without clipping the wires though so this one is as stock as they come. Also would prefer a rosewood fretboard. I can send you a clip of a song I've recorded with it if you like. The pics on ebay are better if you would like to look there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.