1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS or FT: Modulus Quantum 6 w/U-Retro Deluxe + OHSC!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Eublet, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    For Sale or Trade: My Modulus Quantum 6

Sound clip posted in a thread below!!!

This is bass is practially brand new...let me explain.

I ordered this bass last year. It came with a complete gloss finish. There was some cosmetic damage to the body during shipping, so Modulus built me a brand new body to replace it. When they were done, I shipped mine back, and they swapped out the electronics and neck. So now it's a brand new body, with a newly finished neck. There are no signs of wear on this bass whatsoever.

Also, this bass now has a satin finish, which makes it look cool. Just looking at the body (you can't tell in the pictures) it has a natural wood look to it as if there is no finish on it whatsoever. So they also satinized the neck, so it feels very smooth and fast, not sticky like a gloss neck. Check out the close-ups of the preamp knobs. There are no marks or swirlies anywhere around them. This bass just hasn't been played much since I got it back. The Serial number on the neck is 060207. The top is beautiful, and it was hard taking pictures of it because of the way the flash kept making it look "glittery." It is not, and it's not quite as blonde as it appears in the photos. It has a light natural wood color.

It has a U-Retro Deluxe preamp inside, so it has a passive mode, with a passive tone control, and a semi-parametric mid control. Bartolini pups. The preamp alone is over $300.

The original hardshell case is included. It is in mint condition also.

$2500 + shipping (Con US only) for this guy, although I will consider all offers. As for trades, I'm interested in 5 strings. Right now, I really want an MTD or a Valenti, but I would consider other items possibly.

Pics to follow in a follow up post. Please ask questions!

Myrtle top

2. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Two more pics...

3. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Morning bump!

4. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    If it twer only a fretless... sigh. :(

Killer ax man.

5. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    If it were a fretless, I'm sure I wouldn't be selling it.

6. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    If Modulus necks were even semi affordable, I'd be all over this thing in a heartbeat.

7. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Bump. Sound clips coming soon...

8. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Here's another picture
    P1030131.

And here's a sound clip below over a slide show. Clip was recorded directly into a Lexicon USB device on my PC. EQ was totally flat on the bass. No effects, no compression, no nothing. It's as neutral as I could make it. Ignore the cheesy drum machine, please! :D It had to be encoded at a low bit rate so that I could upload it, so ignore the poor quality of the sound if possible. It will at least give you an idea of the bass's character.

Part's of the reggae thing has me doing some palm muting, so that's why it sounds kind of muffled. In other spots I don't do that, and the bass's growl comes out. There's a cheesy James Brown type funk groove at the end. Enjoy!

SOUND CLIP!!!!!

9. funkybassplayer

funkybassplayer Commercial User

Sep 16, 2003
    Longview, TX
    Nordstrand Audio
    wow thats beautiful. wish it was a bubinga VJ. wish i had the money to buy it too. ha

10. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    bump, I'm becoming increasingly interested in a Lakland 55-94, or a Pedulla MVP5. Trades anyone? This Q6 is very nice. Immaculate in fit and finish. I can guarantee you that!

11. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Bump. Still looking for someone that can commit here. Lots of interest in trades so far.

12. Jonny B

Jonny B

Nov 5, 2006
    WI
    Wish I had the cash. Beautiful bass.

13. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    There's always room for a new credit card? :)

Someone want to make me an offer here that doesn't involve a trade? I've had lots of people who want this thing, but they have less valuable basses and no cash to offer with them. Every night I lie in bed and think that I'm crazy to sell this thing, but I know it's the right thing to do. Someone please put me out of my misery and pick this thing up!

14. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    More trade offers. Still looking for a good trade or an outright buyer!

15. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Mid-day bumpitude...

16. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Do you know if the replacement necks are still in the $800~ range? :)

17. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I think so. I momentarily debated ordering one for myself and converting this one. But, I don't do very well with 35" fretless, even though the U-Retro Deluxe would make this bass ideal for it. Hello, Steve Lawson.

If you are interested, I have a FANTASTIC Modulus hookup, an official dealer, and he always gives me amazing prices. I could set you up with him if you wanted to have a neck built. A fretless chechen neck would sound divine on this bass. The mid-range growl on the Q6's is hard to beat for fretless IMO.

18. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Definitely.
    As soon as my custom Q5 gets done, I'm putting in an order for a custom fretless unlined Q6 and so I'm just shopping around at present.
    I just would wonder what the price would be if there was any way you could find out.
    And actually on the fretless I'd just go with the standard graphite neck, as I really like it.

19. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Well, a guy here PM'ed me, asking if I would be willing to trade my Q6 for his fretless Q6. I wasn't interested. Perhaps we could work out a 3-way deal. You buy my bass, and then trade necks with him. It would save you some expense. His neck was unlined.

20. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Actually he PM'd me too, so I'm just waiting on a response. Not sure of the condish, but I know it's a 97. But that could work, so I'll wait to hear from him.

Too bad my Wal will have to suffer for all of these Moduli, but dems the breaks! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.