1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS or FT: MTD Kingston Z5 *NOW $800 SHIPPED IN US*

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by guy n. cognito, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    ***PRICE DROP TO $800 SHIPPED. SEE LAST POST FOR DETAILS!!!!!***

***PICS IN SECOND POST***

***I AM OPENING THIS BACK UP FOR TRADES FOR ANY 5-STRING BASS. NO AMPS, CABS OR ACCESSORIES, PLEASE.***

Up for sale or for trade is my recently acquired MTD Kingston Z5. I had always wanted to try these basses, and I have been really impressed with it so far. It is lightweight with a great neck and a fantastic look for a bass in this price range. The tone is modern and growly, which is why I am selling it. I LOVE the tone of this bass, but it just doesn't work in my current band setting. Here are the specs:

*Rosewood fretboard

*35" scale 5 string

*24 medium jumbo frets

*Zero fret 1 3/4" wide, 5 string

*MTD quick release bridge, 3/4" (19mm) spacing

*One-piece neck w/satin polyester finish

*Carved mahogany body with maple burl top

*Controls are volume, blend, treble, midrange, bass

*MTD active wood covered soap bar pickups.

*Shielded electronics compartment

*Case Included in Sale.

*Strap pegs are compliant with Dunlop straplocks (I added these after purchase. They also function well with a normal strap.)

This is a GREAT deal on a virtually brand new bass including case. Paypal or postal money order only. No international shipping.

Condition has not changed since I bought it just a few weeks ago.

2. guy n. cognito

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    MTDZ5002.gif

MTDZ5001-1.gif

MTDZ5006.gif

MTDZ5004.gif

MTDZ5003.gif

3. Hi!
    PM Sent

B

4. DADDYBASS1

DADDYBASS1

Jun 11, 2006
    PHX
    Pm sent

5. clavefa

clavefa Te Traigo El Tumbao

Those Z's seem cool, too bad I missed the Chicago GTG, I could have checked one out.
    I'm starting to get very interested.
    Good luck with the sale and BUMP to the Top

6. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

PM sent!

dcr

7. omardottcom

omardottcom

Feb 1, 2004
    Caguas, PR
    you know, i've been a bass player for years now and everytime I see an ad people says, how great the growl is on their bass.... and i cn't seem to figure out exactly what they mean by growl... can someone explain it to me? I understand the sounds of bass, mid, and treble...but what the heck is growl?....Nice bass by the way, i love the case.

8. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Nice bass!

9. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I had been thinking about trying to trade my JO5 recently UNTIL I took it to band rehearsals last night. I'm not sure what I was thinking. :D

10. If this was a Z4 I'd be all over it.

Free Bump!

11. If only it was a fretless I'd be all over it :( do they even make a fretless in this model? Argh..

Nice bass though.

12. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    no fretless z's yet. i will say that they are awesome basses though! great tone and they play almost effortlessly. gl with the sale!

13. PM sent.

14. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    PM sent

15. Antman3820

Antman3820 Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2005
    Toms River, NJ
    PM possible trade.....

16. guy n. cognito

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Two weeks is long enough. Off to ebay.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=260051798339&rd=1&rd=1

I may be working a trade, but this is still for sale until that goes through. I will make tb'ers this deal: This bass is now for sale to TB members for $800 shipped in the continential US. This deal will only last until I get a bid on the ebay auction, then you will have to go there bid like everyone else. I am still open for trades and may cancel this if the current trade goes through. This is a great deal, and I am stupid for letting it go this low. I'm just tired of dealing with it I guess.

17. guy n. cognito

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Currently 8 watchers on ebay, but no bids yet. I have spoken to two TBers about possible trades, but neither has committed yet. Still available until I either get a commitment from one of the potential trades or a bid on ebay.

18. guy n. cognito

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Still no bidders on ebay, but over 20 watching the auction. If anyone here is considering this bass, now is the time. My deal stands until I get that first bid. My last bump will be tomorrow morning.

19. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Man, I was a day late and a couple bucks short the last go around for this bass. Now, I just got a cabinet.

guy, I could swing a trade plus over half of what you're asking. If you're interested, I'll PM the particulars. I'd love to work something out with you.

-Jesse

20. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    Another PM sent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.