1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS or FT: Spector NS-4CR (Euro)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by guy n. cognito, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Now either FS or ft. I just took a gig that requires a 5 string, so I'll consider a trade for and 5 string of equal or greater value. I will add money for the right bass

Up for sale or trade is a 99-00 Spector NS-4CR, which is the predecessor to the current Euro version. Unlike the current version, this bass has SOLID quilt maple wings. I purchased this bass used locally and it is in great condition. This bass has the EMG pre-amp and EMG PJ active pickups, which makes it quite versatile. In addition, I have added a gold USA bridge and Dunlop dual design strap locks. The bass weighs 9.5 lbs on my bathroom scale, but I can't confirm the accuracy of that weight. It is a very comfortable bass to wear. Comes with a Spector OHSC that has a few scuff and scrapes, but works perfectly.

There are three minor issues, all detailed in the pictures below. The first two are finish cracks on the E side of the neck at the 11th and 15th fret. The cracks are only in the finish, not the wood. These can only be seen, not felt. The finish is still solid and is not lifting in any way. PJ Rubal of Spector tells me that this isn't completely uncommon, and shouldn't cause any problems in the future. The other issue is a minor bit of clouding next to the P pickup on the G side. It really can't be seen at all and looks like a fingerprint. I'm guessing the previous owner anchored his finger there for some odd reason. Other than that, I can't find any dings on this bass.

I got a great deal on this bass which I will pass on to my fellow TBer's. $1250 shipped in the lower 48. Paypal or postal MO only. No international shipment. Will be shipped via UPS ground insured for the purchase price. I'm only interested in selling this to TBers with a minimum of 5 or more positive feedbacks. Anyone with less should contact me first. Please send all offers via PM.

All pictures were taken 1/5/12 and represent the exact current condition of the bass.

2. guy n. cognito

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    DSC_0575.
    DSC_0576.
    DSC_0577.
    DSC_0578.
    DSC_0579.
    DSC_0580.
    DSC_0581.
    DSC_0582.
    DSC_0583.
    DSC_0584.
    DSC_0585.
    DSC_0586.
    DSC_0587.
    DSC_0588.

3. Low Main

Low Main Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Is the original matte finish gold bridge available for sale?

4. guy n. cognito

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    It is being offered to the buyer of the bass first. If they don't want it, I will offer it for sale.

5. guy n. cognito

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Bass is sold. Thanks for the interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.