1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS or Specific Trades Sterling

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Geddyfleaharris, Feb 21, 2008.

1. After much deliberation I have decided to part with my EBMM Sterling. I just do not play it at all. I use my Rics and that's it. The Sterling was bought in April of 2007. It is near mint. I would say mint but to me mint means your hands own it first. There is not a scratch that I know of on it. It was used at band rehearsals for 2.5 months until I got my first Ric last June. It also played 1 - 45 minute set at a gig last summer.

Here is what I am thinking:

$1200 cash shipped to the US or Canada (original hardshell case included)

here are my trade ideas:

your Geddy Lee Jazz plus some cash (to be discussed)

a Genz Benz 750 or 1200 head

Based on new Ebay prices I would say the 750 would need some cash with it and the 1200 would be a close to even trade

Another Ric of some sort. This would have to be close to an even trade as I have too many other goodies that I am after to part with much cash

My Sterling is basically new. I would expect that your trade would be in near mint condition also.

Paypal please.

Here are a couple of pics. I can post more tomorrow if there is interest.

Cheers guys!

IMG_0712.

IMG_0708.

2. before I lay my head down bump............

3. Friday Morning bump......

4. Insense

Insense

Feb 14, 2008
    Beauty ^^,

5. Late day bump.....

6. night time bump

7. 68Goldfish

68Goldfish Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Port Orchard WA
    Wow! that thing is NICE! I'm loving the color with the maple board. Apperently people don't know that the EBMM sterling is quite possibly the best bass ever made or this thing wouldn't last 2 minutes. If I didn't allready have two sterlings I would have a very hard time convincing myself that I don't need this one.

8. Thanks! It is a nice bass. I have just gotten so used to my Rics that I don't use it. That seems a shame. I decided it should go to a home where it feels more love! :)

9. Just to let fellow TBers know.........the classifieds work! TBer Baird6869 gets my Sterling and I am getting his Geddy Lee. Yay!

10. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

We are 2 happy boys and the deal was painless.:hyper: Couple of emails, a phone conversation and the next day.... Geddy gets a nice long trip to Winterpeg (sorry, couldn't resist!) via Canada Post.

I have never had any problems dealing with any TBer I have dealt with. Great bunch here. I wish I could say that about eBay!:rollno: