1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Pair of Bartolini MK-1 pickups (5-string soapbar)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by btp, May 8, 2010.

1. btp

btp

Aug 30, 2009
    Lansing, Michigan
    **SOLD**

The MK-1 soapbars are the stock pickups from my Ibanez SR505. I'm not good at describing tone, but many people like these pickups for rock/metal, and that seems right to me. They are definitely "aggressive," especially with steel round-wound strings. Length: 4.25in (108mm) Width: 1.33in (34mm). Perfect condition; I will post pics soon.

I'm hoping to get $70 o.b.o. for the pair, including shipping CONUS. Paypal only, please.

2. btp

btp

Aug 30, 2009
    Lansing, Michigan
    Imagine her surprise when she gets pickups! ;)

3. purpletornado

purpletornado

Aug 5, 2009
    Do these have three screw holes or two?

4. btp

btp

Aug 30, 2009
    Lansing, Michigan
    These have two screw holes, one on each end (see photos). They have foam and little springs on the back (just attached with adhesive -- not really part of the actual pickup). The bridge position has a green lead, the neck position is red (these are shielded). When I removed them, I tried to leave as much of the original wire as possible, but the way the were installed in the SR505, the lead on the neck position is longer than the bridge.

Attached Files:

5. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    What did you replace these with?

6. btp

btp

Aug 30, 2009
    Lansing, Michigan
    I saved up my allowance and put in the Bart MK5's ($100 each). The MK5 is a direct replacement for the MK1 -- exact size. The MK5s are marketed as "classic" -- I guess you'd call it "warmer"? I've got Labella 760FM flatwounds on my bass, so maybe that gives you an idea of where my taste in tone has been leaning...

7. funkboy5

funkboy5 19mm + 35" = :-) Bass'd on a true story Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    It's a thought.... She will be the envy of all her friends. Will go great w/ the Audere pre she got for her birthday.

8. btp

btp

Aug 30, 2009
    Lansing, Michigan
    Yes, it's a truly thoughtful gift for Mom. But let's not wait until next year!
    Bump for a price drop; reasonable offers welcome.