1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Parting out MIM Fender Jazz Deluze 5 (maybe)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by dcr, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greetings fellow TalkBassers!

MAY DAY WEEKEND SALE -- $215 SHIPPED CONUS

Parting out a MIM Fender Jazz Deluxe 5 in Candy Apple Red that I recently picked up on eBay. Here's the scoop:

NEW DEAL: I'll sell the WHOLE THING LESS THE NECK STUFF -- that's the body, pickguard, SCN pickups, preamp and control plate, bridge, jack and jackplate, battery box plate, Dunlop straplock pins, and all the screws -- for $215 SHIPPED CONUS. And I'll ship anywhere in the world on your nickle!

1.) Fender MIM Jazz Deluxe 5 body. Candy Apple Red in good condition. Few nicks and dings and rash but overall in pretty nice shape. Includes strap pins, battery box and bridge. Additionally, I recently painted the cavaties with Shielding paint, so it's nice and quiet.$145 shipped CONUS

2.) Tort p/g for Fender MIM Jazz Deluxe 5. Good condition. No major wear but hazy in the "G" area from slapping, no cracks. $20 shipped CONUS

3.) L/S pickup set that fits Fender 5-string. These are an Samarium Cobalt Noiseless set that the previous owner pulled out of his Victor Bailey 5 and loaded in this bass. Good condition, not much wear. $70 shipped CONUS

4.) Preamp and cover plate out of the Jazz Deluxe 5. Same as on the American model, IIRC. Great condition, no rust, no excessive soldering done on the pots that I can tell. Factory knobs installed. Config is V/Bal/stacked B-T/M. $80 shipped CONUS

5.) Fender MIM 5-string neck. 20 frets, Pau Ferro board, not a lot of fret wear. Some dents and wear around end of neck @ nut. Few dents on face of headstock. Tuners and string trees included. I think they are Hipshot trees, IIRC but I'll have to check. Will be 100% functional before I sell and guaranteed to be adjustable. **SOLD**

6.) BNIB set of Fender 7250 nickel roundwound strings that came with the bass. .045-.130. How about $17.50 shipped CONUS.

Will probably be tomorrow before I get pix up, but you guys know what this looks like. Just like all the rest of the used red MIM Fenders.

Feel free to make offers and I WILL cut a deal if you buy multiple items.

Pix here: http://community.webshots.com/album/571103418lggPGK

ALL PRICES OBO AND I'LL CONSIDER TRADES FOR MOST ANYTHING EXCEPT PEDALS

Thanks!

dcr

2. BUMP for BEST OFFERS.

Pix up tonight!

dcr

3. i didn't see any mention of the bridge. how many mounting holes are on it? is it available? how much?

4. Got the parts to repair the neck yesterday, so I may be putting the MIM Jazz Deluxe 5 back together and selling it whole and CHEAP. However, yes the bridge will be available if I decide to continue with parting this bass out.

I'll update the thread accordingly when I get a chance to work on the bass.

dcr

5. understood

6. Okay, so the neck is back together, as well as the bass. Trus rod is better, but still a bit more bow than I like. So I'll market it as a "PROJECT NECK" with tuners and string trees attached. $55.00 SHIPPED CONUS.

Bass is for sale as a whole or as a loaded body at this point.

More info, prices and pix here: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=536163

Thanks for looking!

dcr

7. pharaohamps

pharaohamps Commercial User

May 30, 2006
    Garner, NC
    Owner, Disaster Area Designs / Alexander Pedals
    PM sent.

8. Looks like the neck is going to pharaohamps, so it's officially FOR SALE in pieces.

At this point, I'd like to leave the body together. However, if I get requests for all of the parts individually before the body sells as a whole, I'll break the body down into pieces.

Lemme know -- I'm open to lots of different trade options, so hit me up!

dcr

9. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    Although I don't know much about them, I might be interested in the SCN pickups.
    But I have some questions...
    Are these a Stacked humbucker or are they singles?
    Do you need 500k pots for them as with HB's?

10. E.C. Eddie: The SCN p/ups are, obviously, standard Fender L/S single-coil size. Here's what MF says about them, including the stock price of $149.99:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend....eless-5String-Jazz-Bass-Pickup-Set?sku=301650

Can't directly answer your question about 500 kOhm pots. But by looking at the parts list and wiring diagram from Fender.com, it appears that the Victor Bailey uses 100K and 250k pots.

http://www.fender.com/support/diagrams/pdf_temp1/basses/0196800A/SD0196800APg2.pdf
    http://www.fender.com/support/diagrams/pdf_temp1/basses/0196800A/SD0196800APg3.pdf

Hope this helps!

dcr

11. Trades? You bet!

Mostly looking for light gear and especially a set of decent crank-up stands and at least a 20 ft span of medium-duty truss. But I'll consider most anything music-related except for pedals.

Also looking for a 200-400W bass head.

Of course, cash +/- for trades is welcome!

Thanks!

dcr

12. Last price drop before the 'bay!

Now, the complete loaded body for $225 SHIPPED CONUS.

dcr

13. Hey darkrising!

I think I can do that trade. Lemme know if you want to work something out.

Otherwise.....BUMP!

dcr

14. Piedro

Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    Endorsing Aguilar Amp product.
    PM sent for pickups!

15. WEEKEND SALE -- $215 SHIPPED CONUS for the loaded body! And I'll ship anywhere in the world for actual shipping costs.

Thanks!

dcr

16. I'm gonna close this thread due to the "MAYBE" in the title. Plus the neck is gone.

New thread coming with the body only.

Thanks!

dcr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.