1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS:Peavey Cirrus 5 String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Top Gear, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top Gear

Top Gear

Mar 15, 2006
    SOLD

For sale is a Peavey Cirrus 5 string. It has an alder body with a flamed maple top, maple neck, pau ferro fretboard, and ruby red finish. It is a very beautiful, dark red and the pictures don't do it justice.

The bass plays wonderfully and sounds great. It has 3 day old DR Hi-Beams on it and has just recently been professionally set-up and inspected.

I love this bass and I am selling it to buy a natural maple Cirrus. The red finish is very nice, but I am more of a natural finish person. For the price, the quality, playability, and tone of a Cirrus can't be beat.

Some of the pictures are from the previous owner, which show the bass with the original knobs. Since then, I have put new knobs on it which you can see in my pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

2. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

PM sent!

dcr

3. Top Gear

Top Gear

Mar 15, 2006
    Replied, and still available.

4. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    She sure is purtneer purty

free bump

5. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Carcassonne, France
    Please delete your obsolete bumps. Rules state you MUST do it. Thanks.

6. Top Gear

Top Gear

Mar 15, 2006
    This bass is still available and now at $850.

7. Top Gear

Top Gear

Mar 15, 2006
    Bump

8. Any pic's of headstock, and do you have any closeups of the lower horn between the neck pickup and the neck? It looks like it has been played with a pick a little bit. :eyebrow:

Peace,

9. 0utlier

0utlier

Feb 21, 2006
    Hattiesburg, MS
    The Cirrus is such an incredible bass. When set up properly, IMHO, it rivals pretty much anything at any price and I've played some expensive wood. I'd love to have another one in ruby red... wanna trade for a Warwick Corvette Standard 5?

If you've never played a Cirrus you deserve to treat yourself. Good luck with the sale.

10. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    This was my old bass. I can verify it was not picked hardly ever. Anything you might see is some slap wear which is normal for any bass that has been slapped, but even that is very minimal.

Also I'll vouch for Top Gear as a good buyer/seller. This is a top-notch bass. I'm thinking of buying it back. If I don't come up with the money, whoever gets it is a lucky one.

11. Top Gear

Top Gear

Mar 15, 2006
    It is an incredible bass. I haven't played any other bass in this price range that is nearly as nice.

I am not looking for trades, though, sorry.

I have never played it with a pick, either. There might be some very slight wear in that area, but that is expected.

12. Top Gear

Top Gear

Mar 15, 2006
    Bump

13. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Bump for a great bass and a great Tber! Time is tight and so's my cashflow.

Riis

14. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Riis:

Go ahead and buy it....then you can sell me that Millennium!

And I'd even do some creative financing:D :cool: :D

dcr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.