1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Peavey Cirrus 6-string USA

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DinnerWithAGypsy, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Up FS is my used Peavey Cirrus 6-string USA model.

Overall, this baby is gorgeous. The finish is quite beautiful, and the birdseye maple fretboard is killer. It even comes with custom knobs that match the instrument! (I didn't personally buy these for the instrument; they came with it when I bought the bass.)

This bass plays great. It plays with very little buzz at a very low string height, although I play with a soft touch. When I got the bass there was absolutely no buzz; I just haven't gone to the trouble of adjusting the truss rod since I rarely play this instrument. :meh:
    If you dig in super hard, there's more buzz, but you could certainly adjust the over setup to fit your preferences.

Full disclosure: You'll see in one of the pictures showing the back of the neck what looks like a thin pencil marking extending from about the 3rd fret area to the 9th fret area. This is a skinny, shallow crack in the neck, but a fairly long one all the same. It's barely noticeable to the touch, although it can be felt, but it's certainly not noticeable while playing. I don't know how big of a deal this is or if it's something that needs to be treated soon or how common this is for this make and model of bass. I would certainly welcome anyone's expert opinion on this matter. I have no interest in screwing anyone over here and am simply ignorant when it comes to this sort of thing. I would guess based upon how shallow and skinny the crack is, even though it's long, that it should be very fixable, but again, I would welcome someone's else's expert opinion.

Besides that, this bass is in virtually mint condition by my estimation. It maybe could use a shine, but I can find no dings or sizeable scratches. Where the neck meets the body on the front of the bass (right around the 24th fret) isn't as gorgeous as it could be. It's a very small area but it just looks a little sloppy, not that I think anything is functionally wrong with it. I tried to capture this in a picture as well.

Here's the link to the Photobucket album I made for this bass:
    http://photobucket.com/peaveycirrus6usa
    All of the pictures you see were taken literally minutes ago and represent the exact current condition of the bass!

Here are some additional facts I can relay about this bass:
    • 35-inch scale
    • 24 frets
    • weighs ~9-10lbs (using my not-hyper-accurate bathroom scale)
    • Neck-through body construction
    • Internally active VFL pickups
    • Active 3-Band EQ w/ bass/mid/treble boost and cut (10 dB)
    • ABM bridge
    • straplock knobs (I believe compatible with Schaller straplocks)

This is a great instrument with a very modern, versatile tone. It's simply not getting played and has been mostly sitting under my bed recently, outside of being used in one studio session this past fall.

Asking price is $850 shipped and insured (probably via UPS) to the CONUSA w/Peavey OHSC. PayPal only.
    PM me. I'm not really interested in trades though, unless if you have a bass that happens to be on my profile G.A.S. list. :)

2. How much?

3. As it says in the thread, $1050 OBO shipped.
    Thanks for the interest! I think I've consulted you regarding Peavey Foundations in the past, yes? :D

4. Bump.

5. Pm sent

6. PM replied!

7. Bump.

Got a couple of very interested buyers. Anybody else want to get in line?

8. Bump.

MNAirHead, please clear your PMs. :) Your inbox is full.

9. chinesepaul

chinesepaul

Mar 22, 2010
    Beijing
    Nice !

10. Bump.
    Make me an offer, folks.

11. Bump. Make an offer! I'm flexible.

12. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    Nice! Cool to see a Cirrus with a maple fretboard. It's hard to beat a used Cirrus-a whole lot of bass for the money!

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste!

13. Indeed. These things are versatility monsters and, I find, particularly great for slap! :bassist:

14. Bump.

Feel free to make me an offer, folks! Let's work out a deal. This Cirrus deserves a home.

15. Bumpskis.

16. Bump. Make an offer..

17. Hump-de-bump.

18. On-hold-for-a-potential-buyer (again) bump.
    Anyone else want to get in line with an offer?

19. jebmd

jebmd Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Did she sell?

20. Still available. I'll PM you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.