1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Peavey Cirrus USA 6 redwood w/ upgrades - $1450

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by fivestringgecko, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm in a great mood, let's see what happens...

Price drop! [DEL]$1450[/DEL] [DEL]$1300[/DEL] shipped to your door!

Sold $1175!

Okay, let's try this again... Not just a feeler this time!!! ;)

Up for sale is my '02 Peavey Cirrus USA 6-string bass, serial #10563002. This is a beautiful looking and sounding bass with a fast playable neck. I'm selling because I got a Stambaugh 6 and this bass deserves to be played. It's in EXCELLENT condition... the only mark on it is a very small chip at the bottom of the "horn" on the headstock, which you can see in pic #6. No buckle rash, no other scratches or dings. I'm the original owner and I'm pretty meticulous about my gear. This is a great chance for someone to snag an awesome and fairly rare bass, the redwood top wasn't too common to begin with.

Specs:
    - Redwood top
    - Alder body
    - Pau ferro fretboard with Cirrus inlay
    - 5-piece maple/pau ferro neck-thru
    - 35" scale
    - 18V 3-band preamp (vol/blend with bass/mid/treble)
    - Two graphite reinforcement rods in the neck

UPGRADES:
    -----------
    1) The tuning peg of the E-string snapped at the base while tuning at a church choir practice, so I replaced ALL SIX tuners with beefier Gotoh tuning machines. (pics #6 & 7)

2) I thought the black knobs that came with the bass weren't so attractive, so I replaced them with gold knobs. (pic #8)

3) The truss rod cover had a crack in one corner, so I replaced it with a new one directly from Peavey. (pic #9)

4) I added gold Dunlop Straploks to replace the standard strap buttons. (pic #10)

The Bottom Line:
    Get this beauty shipped to your door with Peavey molded hardshell case, strap w/ locks, brand spankin' new set of nickel rounds and a fresh tune-up for [DEL]$1450[/DEL]. $1300!

Sorry international friends, U.S. shipping only.

Thanks for looking!

5sg.

IMAG1355.

IMAG1356.

IMAG1360.

IMAG1364.

IMAG1366.

IMAG1358.

IMAG1361.

IMAG1359.

IMAG1363.

Cirrus6.

IMAG1370.

2. ulasengin

ulasengin

Oct 19, 2006
    Istanbul/TURKEY
    P.M sent.

3. Is that a carbon fiber overlay on the headstock?

4. austentaciousC

austentaciousC

Mar 17, 2010
    wow

5. Replied, still for sale.

It sure is. It's pretty freaking hot too... That pic doesn't do it justice. It looks KILLER, here's a better photograph I took a while back.

Love your avatar, btw. :cool:

5sg.

Cirrus6_angle1.

6. That IS hot...and I wish I could afford to get the bass; I've been thinking about a six for awhile now, and yours is gorgeous.

re, avatar - 'liberated' it from my friend The General...we both hang out on a small'ish site catering to the hard-core Morrowind/Oblivion/Fallout3-NV crowd, mostly mod builders (them) and testers (me).

7. Thanks! I'm sad to see it go, but I just don't need two 6's around. Since the Stambaugh is a one-of-a-kind, built-for-ME bass... it wins. ;) :bassist:

Momentary derail: To this day, I miss my Boots of Levitation from Morrowind. Oblivion was awesome, but just wasn't the same. Same with Skyrim. Fallout 3 = WIN. Fallout New Vegas = FAIL. (Holy glitchy mess Batman!) And how could they make the same mistake with the ending in NV as they did in Fallout 3? *shakes head*

Oh my goodness! Pardon my inner nerd escaping there for a second!! lol

5sg.

8. Nerd-soaked PM incoming...

9. Pre-work week bump!

5sg.

10. Well, not in a HUGE rush to sell this bass, but what the heck I'm in a great mood, let's see what happens...

Happy Tuesday bump with a price drop to $1300 shipped to your door.

It's a great bass people, and it's in awesome condition!

5sg.

11. What's this? I loved Fallout: New Vegas! Part of the fun was trying to defeat the game's glitchy habits while completing missions!

No, but in all seriousness, at one point my companion, that Doctor guy, mysteriously disappeared, and I was beginning to resign myself to my fate of never being able to have another companion again (since I obviously couldn't dismiss him through the game dialogue) when suddenly, hours upon hours of gameplay later, he came unexplainably running up to me from across the map like nothing had happened. It was truly bizarre. I immediately commanded him to leave.

Anyway, I still enjoyed Fallout: New Vegas, in spite of all the annoying glitches. :rolleyes:

And free bump, I suppose! :p

12. Since I can now not be the only one guilty of a massive thread veer...

One reason for modding the PC version of most any BethSoft title is that a lot of mods are designed solely as game stabilizers. And they work.

Apologies to 5sg for further geeking up his sale thread.

13. Oh yeah... Bump!

Lol! No worries Mudd.

Happy Friday everyone!

5sg.

14. stix_clgi

stix_clgi Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    Pm'd ya:bassist:

15. Replied.

I sure appreciate the offer, but not looking for trades at the moment. :)

Bass is still available!

5sg.

16. On hold, pending deal with Stix!

5sg.

17. Deal made with Stix!

Sold - $1175

Thread closed.

5sg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.