Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Peavey Classic 400 in tweed with 4x10

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by truckin88, Nov 11, 2005.

1. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    As some of you know I just got this Peavey classic 400 head. It is amazing...tone for days....It is also extremely heavy, but what do you expect for 400 watts all tube. It is tweed, the handle and corners are in good shape and the tweed is in fair shape with markings on the top, looks mostly like dirt etc, pretty normal for tweed.

I also have the matching 4x10 cab, it has 1/4 input, banana inputs, and is 4ohm, it is loaded with heavey duty eminences. It sounds amazing, it is small for a 4x10, lots of punch. Has popout casters as well.

In addition to this the head comes with a extra FULL set of MATCHED tubes.

I am asking $950 for the whole setup as I think this is fair, I ended up paying 900 (he charged me extra for the tubes, but figured I should have them) and dirivng 2 hours each way for it.

So anyways some recent happenings in my life just killed my GAS quick and the possibility of me holding onto this rare gem.

I am unsure how much shipping would be as this head has to be 80+ pounds, and I am not even sure if I would be able to ship the cab. We can talk about it.

I am within 2 hours of:
    NYC
    Philadelphia
    Allentown
    Albany
    Newark, NJ
    Scranton

my zip is 18337 if you want to see how far it is. I am unsure about breaking the setup up, but like I said talk to me.

2. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Killer rig!!

3. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
  4. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    no trades man, need the cash thanks

5. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    will be out till tomorrow some time so just PM me any questions

6. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I am interested in the head, but I don't live anywhere near you and am not interested in the cab. So what would it take for you to split them up? What do you want for them individually?

7. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    I replied to you by PM. Thanks.

All please realize the head is the major expensive of this rig thanks again for interest.

8. Any chance of getting it sent to the UK ? :D No? ****e :(

9. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    it would cost 500-1000 just to shipthere, sorry but no, trying US sales first, ok I am out for the night, have good friday fellas

10. How much would it cost to ship to 77520?

I am in Houston area?

11. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    guys please send all replys to me by PM, and let me know if you are interested in the whole thing, or the head, or the cab, rather sell it all together. hopefully it goes soon, other wise to the bay

12. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    all PMs replied too, thanks fellas, have a happy and rockin out saturday night

-Will

13. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    bump

14. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    Ok guys I popped two tires and cracked a rim last night, in need of some cash. so here is the killer new price. If you want it come and pick it up.

$710.00

15. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    this is for the whole setup

16. ster

ster

Oct 18, 2003
    New Jersey
    PM sent...

17. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    pm replied too

18. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Sweet Lord I want this soooo bad!!!! I live in Albany too... its a shame i don't have $700 :spit:

$200???? lol, just kidding. I hope whoever gets this enjoys it, because i will be very jealous. :(

19. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    Deal pending.....

20. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    DONE, SOLD!