Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Peavey Firebass 700 Amp Head

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by eqvolvorama, Oct 8, 2004.

1. eqvolvorama

eqvolvorama Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    Okay, I have a marriage coming up, and as a condition to this arrangement, I need to "thin the herd" considerably of all bass-related products. Normally I wouldn't consent to such nonsense, but as my father has advised, the woman in question is "the best I'll ever do", so here we go:

The next item for sale is a Peavey Firebass 700 Amp head. I purchased this head five or so years ago when I envisioned myself playing ampitheaters and stadida as opposed to open-mic nites and private parties. The dream was subdued, however, and this guy never made it into my playing rotation.

This is a VERY LOUD HEAD. I can't emphasize that enough. It can push 700 watts through 2 ohms, and as I may have mentioned before, is extremely loud. The only signs of wear are some scruffing on the corners. Everything works fine and smoothly. It's very loud.

I'm asking $300 OBO plus shipping. I have pictures available at http://www.pbase.com/danroche/bass_stuff_for_sale , as well as for other things I'm currently selling.

Any questions or comments, feel free to contact me at danrocheinkuwait@yahoo.com

Best,
    Dan

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Bump for one sucker :D Wait until you are legally obligated to her, then see what all goes, sounds like you are setting yourself up.

Anyway, someone jump on this....good deal here guys!

3. Bassart1

Bassart1 Guest

Jun 26, 2003
    Regardless of your father's sage advice if I were you I'd think very long and hard about commiting to any woman who wants you to sell ANY of your possessions PRIOR to marriage.

What's she selling for your benefit?

Anyway, here's a friendly bump and good luck!!

P.S. There are lots of nice women out there.

4. eqvolvorama

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia

Ha ha! Nice.

To be fair to the woman in question, I should add that we recently purchased a house in the DC area which has the rough square footage of a postage stamp, after which time I realized how silly my collection of 8 basses, three cabinets, three amp heads, and 4,373 stomp boxes truly looked. I'm hoping I can free up some space through these sales, and then invest the money in something useful, such as storm windows, berber carpeting, a new deck, or a Wal 4-string.

So, of course, I'm just being practical. Right?

5. Bassart1

Bassart1 Guest

Jun 26, 2003
    That's a horse of a different color. Congratulations!

6. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Dan, another poster already cleared up what I was trying to say. Your above statement does indeed seem a little demanding to me. It's none of our business of course, but I would NEVER personally let someone tell me what had to stay or go.

Best of luck to you, and again.....bump!

7. eqvolvorama

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    Tim, thanks. I guess to defend the image of the woman in question, I'm not really being FORCED to sell anything. We're just supporting one another in making some hard decisions on how to reduce the amount of material stuff in our lives (and closets, and hallways, and backyards) - any pressure to sell from the future missus is purely friendly and supportive. The intended humor in my original post isn't quite as evident as I read it again now. If I were to put my foot down and keep all my gear, the wedding would go ahead as planned - I would just most likely be enabling a sudden spike in shoe purchases, that is all.

8. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Are you marrying my wife??? :eyebrow: :D

9. eqvolvorama

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    I might as well bump (bump!)

10. eqvolvorama