1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Peavey Foundation - 1983, USA!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rojo412, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rojo412

rojo412 Walnut is fun! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I just got this and I really do enjoy it. But I have a wedding coming up and this is the "new hire"... so it is the "first fired".

1983 Peavey USA Foundation

Pearl white alder body
    Maple neck, matching headstock
    (I believe) a Phenolic fingerboard
    Seymour Duncan Active pickups with dip switches (rare!)
    Brand new set of D'Addario Steels on it

This bass is frickin' sweet. It has a super slim neck and plays like a dream. Truss rod works fine, there's a bit of mojo, but nothing terrible for a 29 year old bass. There's dents, dings, some belt rash, and a few spots on the neck, as well as a small, feelable seam between the neck halves near the headstock. But everything is solid as it should be and makes for a terrific vintage bass.
    The fingerboard material, no matter what we believe it is, is a rarity. I believe it's phenolic resin (ebanol) because I have 2 other basses with that and it looks the same. But some people believe it's ebony, some have suggested a coated rosewood.

The pickups are amazingly cool. I wish I had a set for my other bass, because these are such a nice, functional setup for having 4 distinct tones from each pickup. Throw that into a VVT arrangement and you have a simple, yet versatile "preamp".

Like I said, I don't want to sell it... I have to. There's another bass I have for sale that isn't moving and the future Mrs. is letting me know that we need the dough for the nuptials.

$200 + shipping. Paypal.

I have an SKB case for an additional $25 that fits it nicely, if interested.
    PM me if you're looking for an incredible, US made bass at a killer price!

100_2890.

100_2891.

100_2893.

100_2898.

100_2895.

100_2896.

2. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I'll throw in the case, $200 + shipping... any takers?

3. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    Great deal. Foundations are solid basses and those pickups have an unreal tone to them. The best P bass I've ever heard had a set of those in them.

This will kill any Squier or SX on the market.

4. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    An awesome, USA made bass, with a case, for $200 + shipping...
    It doesn't get much better than this!
    The pickups alone are worth a fair chunk of that deal!!!

5. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Sold, w/ case, $215 shipped

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.