1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Peavey Foundation near mint!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by WoodyG3, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Man, this is a sweet bass! This white Peavey Foundation is in almost brand new shape. The guy I bought it from said that it sat in a case most of the time since it was purchased in, I believe, 1993.

There are a couple of very small dings on the upper side of the fretboard if you look very closely. Otherwise, I really can't find a mark on it. The frets show no wear, and all the hardware still shines nicely. The electronics are quiet and there's no scratching in the pots.

This bass plays very nicely! It has a great Jazz bass single coil tone, and this one is particularly sweet sounding in the upper register. I'm not a slapper, but to me, it sounds very nice slapped. The neck is quite comfortable, with a pretty typical Jazz bass contour and feel. The only negative is a touch of neck dive, but that never bothered me since the body is on the light side, making it easy on the old shoulders.

See pics below, and feel free to ask any questions.

$220 shipped in the USA. No case or gig bag, but I'll throw in a "purple lightening" strap. No trades. I need the cash, and that's really the only reason I'm selling. Paypal prefered. Postal money orders are cool, too.

WhitePeaveyBody.
    WhiteBack.
    WhiteFoundationFront.
    WhiteFretboard.
    WhiteHead.

2. contakt321

contakt321

Jul 31, 2006
    New York, NY
    I have this in black - this is an amazing steal. Sounds like a classic jazz and plays even better. I love the neck on mine, if I ever get a custom I will have them recreate my foundations neck shape.

3. r05c03

r05c03

Jul 21, 2005
    Lafayette, IN
    ooooh, it even as the truss bolt cover plate thingy....

4. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    No extra charge for the truss rod cover plate thingy!:D

5. contakt321

contakt321

Jul 31, 2006
    New York, NY
    Damn, if I wasn't broke and already over-bassed (for my tiny NYC apartment) I would by this to compliment my black one and string it up tenor or DGCF (whatever that is called).

Can't believe people are sleeping on this one.

6. Would'e?

Would'e?

Mar 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Bump.

I have this same bass in black. I put on some Hi-Beams (looks like a set on this one too) and a Hipshot Xtender. She pretty well roars!

If someone has the cash you do a LOT worse than this bass for that money.

7. djwackfriz

djwackfriz

Jul 31, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    PM'd! I just might buy this maybe perhaps

8. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    SOLD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.