1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Peavey Millennium J/J

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mojojim, Jan 16, 2012.

1. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    Peavey Millennium J/J bass - USA built w/ 35" scale. (Not one of the Millenniums currently made overseas.) This is one can compete with any other American made bass. Rosewood board on a maple neck – black headstock. Flame maple on the body with golden finish. Millennium pre-amp. Sometimes I like this bass better than my J/MM basses. It gets some great sounds.

Defect? The neck screws need to have their heads filed down some to remove some slightly sharp edges - not a big deal or I would have done it by now.

I removed the neck to sand the back of the neck and refinish it with tongue oil. Now it is a very fast neck. However, it still looks ever so slightly dirty (played) in the first several positions. However, due to our dry climate, the rosewood neck has slightly shrunk, so, here, the frets protrude ever so slightly from the sides of the neck. In more humid area, it should expand. I didn't even think about it - doesn't affect my playing - until I started to do a detailed inspection. Some small surface scratches on the back. Pickup covers have some marks from strings. Small amount of dulling around front pickup and under G string near neck due to slapping.
    Weight: guess to be about 8 lbs like other Mills – it’s over at my office.
    Price: [DEL]$465 [/DEL] $450 shipped CONUS in a Peavey case.

Pictures of this bass plus some others at:

https://picasaweb.google.com/107318156379808570526/BassGuitars#

Please no trades - I have too many basses! :)

2. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    It was on hold for a month - I'm a nice guy - but then the deal fell through. So, it is back up for sale! Note - I will not be putting this on hold again.

3. llamalor2112

llamalor2112 Banned

Sep 18, 2007
    ^and I apologize sincerely for that:(

It's true, this here folks, is one of the most considerate and pleasant guys on here! Bought another millennium from before and it by far has been the best experience I've ever had on these classifieds.

In lieu of my financial duress, this beautiful tigereye is back up...

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Another old Peavey I wouldn't mind buying!:D

5. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    bump

6. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004