1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Peavey T-20 and Gretsch G2202 Jr Jet (CHEAP!) (Local MD/DC area only!)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Din Of Win, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Trying... yet again... to offload these basses. They are taking up room, and i would really like to fund another bass that has my eye.

First up, 1982 MiA Peavey T-20 w/OHSC: ($180)
    t201-1.
    The bass now has original, chrome style Peavey knobs.

It's a VERY solid bass. Ash body. Maple Neck. Some after market tuners are installed (by previous owner). They work, but the G tuner hangs over the edge eeeeever so slightly. They stay in tune fine. Everything else is stock!

Second up, 201? Gretsch G2202 Jr Jet Short Scale: ($160)
    2011-08-13_10-34-49_803.
    (the one on the far right)

Also very solid. The neck is more P like in dimension. The body is a slab body, and very solid feeling. The TV Jones pickup is very nice and responsive. The body has a very cool, subtle 'blackburst' type finish, and a pearloid pickguard. I'll throw in some used(ish) La'Bella flats as well as the still new(ish) D'Addario ss rounds already on it.

I'm trying to move these sooner than later. I'm eying a Fender MP Jaguar, and i could use some downsizing in my collection. I'm in Montgomery County, MD... but i travel anywhere from Frederick, to Baltimore to just about DC multiple times a week... so i can meet up anywhere therein!

If anyone's interested in BOTH, i'll let them go together for $300 flat.

:bassist:

2. stef823

stef823

Oct 10, 2007
    pm sent

3. nice deal on some great workhorses.

4. My original want of the Fender MP Jag may be ousted by the discovery of a SUH-weet Peavey Unity Dynabass i found... neck through, active/passive, P/J... mmm...

5. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    Wanna sell the T-40?

6. metlman72

metlman72

Jun 29, 2011
    Long Island NY
    You have a PM sir.

7. Don't have a T-40. That's a T-45 in the pic, and it wasn't mine in the first place. The T-45 is the best of the T series, IMHO.

Sorry, everyone... i really can't ship anything.

I'll bump for another couple days, but after that it's off to the local used place to get what i can for them.

8. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Great tb'er to deal with here. Good luck with the sale.

9. :D

Happy MLK Day, bump!

10. Bump!

11. Hi there. Would you send both basses to chile?

12. Airskank

Airskank

Jun 17, 2011
    did you ever get rid of the T-20? I'm interested!