1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Peavey TL-5 2nd Generation - now happy to ship it!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by fourstringbliss, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I recently bought a 1991 2nd generation Peavey TL-5 5-string bass on Ebay and I now have to sell it for financial reasons.

Here are some pics:

ATL5A1.jpg
    TL5B.jpg
    ATL5d1.jpg
    TL5I.jpg

It's in really good shape for a 22 year old bass with only a few scratches and dings (no more than would be expected on a bass this old). The neck is straight, I'd estimate it's somewhere between 9 and 10 lbs (not bad for an all maple bass), and it plays really nicely. This is a great sounding bass! It's a real shame I can't keep it.

These 2nd generation TL-5's have the same internally active VFL pickups as their Cirrus line. The preamp has volume, blend (true blend because the pickups are active), treble, bass, and mids with sweepable mid frequency control. The fretboard is ebony with real MOP oval inlays. The body and neck are made from flamed maple.

The hardware is a bit tarnished but it's all in good shape otherwise and perfect working order. The D-tuner pictured was removed and replaced with the stock tuner by the original seller before it was shipped to me.

My price for a local sale is the same $440. It comes with a heavy-duty hardshell case which is in good shape. If you want me to ship it I can do so for $500 shipped CONUS.

I live in Puyallup, WA and work in Renton, WA so I could meet you in either place or somewhere in between.

2. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    I had this basses Twin DESTROYED in shipping by UPS. Awesome bass at an Awesome Price!

BTW, adding a D-Tuner to the E-String makes for a WICKEDLY Versatile Instrument!

3. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Thanks for the bump! I forgot to mention that the D-tuner was removed by the original seller before he shipped it to me. It has the standard tuner now.

4. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Someone PM'd me about shipping it and I would also be willing to ship it for $500 CONUS.

5. puremusic

puremusic

Nov 1, 2009
    Saginaw, MI
    I was going to bid on that one but I forgot about it.

6. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    It sure is a nice bass - bummer that I can't keep it.

7. Elionjamz

Elionjamz Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    how is the action?

8. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    The action is nice and low.

9. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Looks like this one is either going to Omaha or Russia! Nothing firm yet, though.

10. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Saturday morning bump.

11. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    And, sold!! Thanks, Keith!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.