1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/PFT Ampeg SVT Classic

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by fenderhutz, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Possible deal on the table. You never know what can happen though :smug:

This is a wonderful piece of gear.

It is in Near Mint condition with a few issues.

1. A slight tolex tear where the metal grill meets the tolex that covers the tube area. When I changed the preamp tubes I moved the Tolex back, it just needs glued down now.

2. The -15db input jack is a tiny bit flaky and the regular input jack is 100% ok. Probably needs the jack replaced, if this doesn't get traded/sold soon I am going to call Ampeg and get the $10 part to fix it.

3. Having never owned a SVT before, you can hear the fan running. I don't know if you are supposed to, but it's audible (not in the signal). When I tested the cab a Guitar Center when I bought it I used a SVT Classic as a test as well and the fan made noise, it just didn't seem as obvious due to store noise.

That's it.

It has a cool bias feature where if you replace the tubes, leave the amp for 20 minutes and adjust a knob to get the bias right (red light bad, green light good) makes retubing a breeze.

It's got 6550 Sovteks in the power section, I just put all new tubes in the preamp section due to personal preference. I like the way JJ/Telsa tubes bring the amp to life. 2 JJ 12AU7 and 3 JJ 12AX7's were just replaced in the amp.

YES IT IS US MADE. Not just designed.

2. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Solid trade on the table. Unless I got a 900 offer on this, it's gone.

3. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    TRADED PENDING PAYMENT!!!!!

4. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    GONE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.