1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Phil Jones 4B cabinets

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by cptime66, Mar 16, 2013.

1. cptime66

cptime66 Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2012
    NYC
    Up for sale are (2) Phil Jones 4b Piranha bass cabinets in Excellent Cond.
    Nice compact set up that gets ridiculously loud with the right head-previously used with a Tec-Amp Puma 1000 Head
    Really hate to part with these, but I need the $$

Asking $750 (paypal) shipping included (CONUS )although i prefer too either deliver or have them picked up ( I'm in the NY/NJ area)
    also includes custom-tuki padded covers

http://www.philjonesbass.com/pjbdirect/product_info.php?products_id=45

Designed as an extension to the Suitcase, the addition of a 4B Extension Cabinet will make a super compact rig able to perform just about any task the working bassist requires. Loud enough to play with a powerful drummer and yet offer fidelity of bass that is unsurpassed. This diminutive duo will surprise anyone with disbelief that small cabinets can produce such levels of rich deep and powerful bass, right down to the open B string and below. It does it with authority and yet is transparent right up to the highest of frequencies. Dynamic range is beyond what you would expect; slapped bass will have snap that just can not come from horn tweeter bass cabs. The mid range is so pure that this cabinet will even produce the acoustic bass with stellar clarity. So much so that you will think you are playing an even more expensive instrument!

KEY FEATURES
    Power Handling: Up to 300watt
    Impedance: 8 Ohm
    Sensitivity: 95dB/Watt
    Connections: Speakon
    Weight: 43lbs/19.5kg
    Four (4) Internal 5-inch Proprietary PJPS Speakers
    Dimensions: 17.5" H x 13.8" W x 17.9" D (445x350x455 mm)

Attached Files:

2. cptime66

Sep 25, 2012
    NYC
    price lowered to $700

3. oenomaus

oenomaus

Jul 17, 2011
    sweet sounding cab bump.

4. gadgetgirl

gadgetgirl Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2005
    East Coast
    I have a friend in NYC/Rockland who is very interested - can you PM me your contact info?

5. jasper383

jasper383 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    How loud is one of these cabs? Would one of these cabs be the equivalent of an average 210? 410? 110?

6. Would you sell one? I'm in Fort Lee, NJ. So we could possibly avoid the shipping cost/hassle.

7. cptime66

Sep 25, 2012
    NYC
    @jasper383- I would say similar to 210, but I have only used 2 cabs together with tec amp puma head, so i really dont know how loud 1 by itself would get

@jtroska- I have a bunch of offers for selling both cabs at once, so I am gonna try to sell them that way first, but if nothing pans out , I will let u know

8. gearhunter420

gearhunter420 Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Qualicum Beach, BC
    Payment sent!

9. cptime66

Sep 25, 2012
    NYC
    and sold!!