1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Phil Jones Suitcase

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by kenkell, Oct 21, 2010.

1. kenkell

kenkell

Apr 12, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    SOLD!

A few days after I got this (from fleabass, here on TB), I lost my day job and now it has to go for purely financial reasons. Help a fellow bass player out?

It is an as-new Phil Jones Suitcase.

It is in perfect condition. It is possibly the best recording amp EVER. Also excellent for live performance, low volume gigs, and possibly cannot be beat for amplifying your upright (it will accurately reproduce your fundamentals, and is as fast and punchy as anything out there). For larger gigs, the house PA will love it's DI, and/or you can add the matching PJ 4B cab.

I'm including a Guardian 8-gauge Speakon speaker cable with a 1/4" adapter for connecting an extension speaker.

Sale Terms: $750 including shipping anywhere in CONUS. If you can pick it up near Syracuse, I'll knock $50 off the price. I have the original box. SOLD!

2. kenkell

kenkell

Apr 12, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Here's a pic in my living room.

Attached Files:

3. great amp. you are spot on with your comment on the di. great sounding and crystal clear.
    if you want to hear what your bass and your playing actually sound like, play through a pjb amp.

4. sevenyearsdown

sevenyearsdown Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Sanborn, NY
    Man I want this for my upright......just don't have any cash available right now.

5. Bassguy1

Bassguy1

Feb 10, 2006
    U.S. - Midwest
    This is a great rig. I used to own one and played it with the 4B extension cab. Awesome clean, tight sound. I sold mine and upgraded to a PJB M300 with 8B cabinet but I miss my Suitcase.

6. kenkell

kenkell

Apr 12, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks for the comments, guys... now a buyer! Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

7. Col E Loc

Col E Loc Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Brooklyn, NYC
    PM

8. kenkell

kenkell

Apr 12, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Replied.

9. kenkell

kenkell

Apr 12, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    TTT

10. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    not sure i want to hear what my bass and playing actually sound like guys :)

11. kenkell

kenkell

Apr 12, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Well then, I guess all that needs to be said is "not sure" a high-quality unit such as the Suitcase is for you. Thank you for your contribution to this thread :confused:

12. kenkell

kenkell

Apr 12, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    TTT

13. kenkell

kenkell

Apr 12, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    SOLD!