1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS Preamps, Compressor, Effects Processors, Speaker Sims

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by HooBass, Aug 18, 2012.

1. HooBass

HooBass

May 27, 2003
    NC
    All prices shipped and PayPal'ed (US continental only -- sorry! -- see note below). Items pictured below but not listed ARE for sale, however, haven’t been tested yet (will add their descriptions when I can).

SOLD $125 PreSonus VXP Mic Preamp: Mic preamp, compressor, expander, de-esser, EQ semi parametric EQ, limiter. Red power light does not light. A little scratchy on 2-3 of the pots (but not problematic since you won't be moving these around much). Full description on their website: http://www.presonus.com/products/VXP.

SOLD $100 PreSonus MP20 Two Channel Mic Pre-amp: Class-a discrete mic preamp, 20dB pad, Phantom power, stereo bus. Full description n their website: http://www.presonus.com/products/MP20.

SOLD $100 PreSonus ACP-22 Stereo Compressor/Limiter: Compressor/limiter with spectral gates. Works great. Minor scratching on top and bottom. From the Presonus website:

“The ACP22 is designed to provide compression, limiting and noise gating in a variety of applications; such as multitrack recording, live sound reinforcement and broadcast and permanent sound installations. In any application, the ACP22 provides two channels of crystal clear compression with full control over threshold, ratio from 1:1 to infinity:1, variable attack and release times and switchable hard/soft knee. An auto mode takes the worry out of setting the compressor by offering program dependent release with a medium/fast attack time.” “The noise gates on the ACP22 are unparalleled by giving control over threshold, variable attack and release and switchable gate range (-60dB/-15dB). The ACP22 also has a unique LO PASS Side chain filter for the gate which eliminates cymbals from opening up drum gates without affecting the audio output. The ACP22 offers a full array of inputs and outputs including balanced XLR, unbalanced 1/4" and independent TRS Side chains for the compressor and gate for each channel.”

$225 Each - TWO Roland M-1000 10 Channel Digital Line Mixers: 24 bit/96kHz 56bit internal processing, for mixing digital sources into a computer, and two channels (stereo) of audio input. From their website:

• “The M-1000 10-channel Digital Line Mixer is a 1U rack mount mixer designed to mix digital signals of varying sample rates. The M-1000 comes with four stereo S/PDIF digital inputs and a stereo analog input-all with 24-bit/96kHz sound quality-making it perfect for mixing electronic musical instruments and recording gear equipped with digital outputs. The M-1000 can even mix audio from a PC via its USB port. Word Clock is also provided, and multiple units can be linked for greater mixing power.
    • 10-channel digital line mixer in space-saving 1U chassis
    • 4 stereo digital inputs (coaxial/optical) and stereo analog input (1/4" phone)
    • USB port for mixing digital audio from a PC
    • Superb 24-bit/96kHz sound quality and 56-bit processing throughout
    • Professional Word Clock I/O and automatic sample rate conversion
    • Coaxial and optical digital outputs, plus analog Master outputs (XLR) and Monitor output (1/4" phone)”
    • Uses computer driver software, available at the second link below
    • More details at: http://www.roland.com/products/en/M-1000/.
    • http://www.roland.com/support/article/?q=downloads&p=M-1000

$300 Mackie Onyx400F studio recording preamps with 192kHz Firewire input/output: Transparent audio interface for direct tracking and mix down that’ll work with most computers (Mac or PC) as a 10x10 audio interface and 1x1 MIDI interface Channels 1&2 have instrument select switch (acoustic, electric, or bass being directly attached to the preamp).Channels 1-4 have Neutrik combo input connectors (1/4 or XLR connectors. Phantom power. Uses Onyx 400F console software (software not included, but accessible online from the second link below). See full description at http://www.mackie.com/products/400f/. http://www.mackie.com/products/400f/update.html

SOLD $125 TC Electronic G-Major Guitar Effects processor: Stomp box setup, MIDI foot-controller compatible, relay switching to ease transitions between sounds and avoiding having to have a separate MIDI switching system, ability modify parameters in many ways, including MIDI controllers or and up to four expression pedals. Noise gate, EQ, compressor, chorus – Flanger, Vibrato, Resonance Filter, Phaser, Tremolo, Panner, PingPong, Dynamic Delay, Dual Delay, Pitch Detune, Whammy, Pitch Shifter, Reverb (Spring, Hall, Room, Plate) Full description on their website http://www.tcelectronic.com/G-Major.asp.

SOLD $135 TC Electronic M-One Dual Effects processor: Lots of reverbs, ability to link with other effects processors, and algorithms for compressor, limiter, delays, chorus, Flanger, pitch, gate expander, de-esser, tremolo and phaser. 100 presets and a bank to store user-defined stuff. MIDI functionality. Full description on their website http://www.tcelectronic.com/M-One.aspProtective tape still on display. “Store” button has a scratch on it. Dial button a little easy to take off. Minor scratches on top and bottom.

SOLD $200 Tech 21 SansAmp PSA-1: Tube amplifier emulation like the classic pedal, but rack mounted. A little hard to turn one of the knobs, but definitely functions, and one knob seems to turn slightly “crooked”. From their website
    • “The rack mount PSA is a powerful combination of dazzling analog SansAmp tones, unlimited editing and dependable digital programmability. The result is a phenomenal pre-amp that can be mercilessly tweaked, while favorite sounds can be stored with the push of a button. Each of the expanded range of eight controls, including usefully defined parameters such as Buzz, Crunch and Punch, has 256 incremental steps for ultra-precise adjustments. Shipped with 49 factory presets and 49 user definable locations, the PSA packs a universe of tone in a single rack space”
    • See full description at: http://www.tech21nyc.com/archive/psa1.html.

SOLD $243 Groove Tubes Speaker Emulator II. Some marks on top and bottom, and face could use a bit more elbow grease to clean it some. Someone’s description from Harmony Central
    • “The Speaker Emulator SEII transforms the output from your tube amp into a line level signal that can be sent direct to your mixer, PA or recording device. The device uses a reactive speaker load which emulates the interactive response between the amp's output stage and a real speaker, an excellent design that is found in the more well-known Palmer speaker simulators. (Apparently, Aspen Pittman, Mr. Groove Tubes himself, sued Palmer for copyright infringement.) In essence, your entire amp, including the tone-critical power tubes and output transformer, can be used as a pre-amp. This 1U rack device has features aplenty. Rear panel jacks/switches: input (from guitar amp), mono-send/stereo-return parallel effects loop, two speaker-emulated outputs and two mixed outputs (straight signal plus fx). Another nice feature is the “speaker return” jack, which enables you to route the signal back into your guitar amp's speaker with switchable power reduction of 25% and 50%. The front panel knobs: four level knobs (input, output, fx send, fx return) with a sweep of 0-max at 7 and 5 o'clock, respectively, eq in/out switch, and the bass, middle, treble and presence knobs with boost and cut from 12 o'clock neutral. While there are no switches for selecting simulated cab sizes or mic positions, the eq section is very powerful, acting like a mixer eq with active cut/boost, and the frequencies are well-suited for the electric guitar. I find it very flexible and intuitive, with highly musical results except at all but the most extreme settings. The power switch is on the front. The unit does not have to be on, however, to act as a load on your amp's output stage. Bravo!”
    • Note as of this writing I HAVE tested this myself and it's working fine!

$350 Palmer PGA-04 “Advanced Direct Injection for Guitar” Load Box: from its manual
    • “Built in one rack space, the PGA-04 is a monopassive speaker simulator with an internal 8ohm load-box capable of handling 120 watts of continuous power with LED’s metering the input power. The unique and variable filter circuit with volume controls will help you to shape your tone and mix both filtered and unfiltered signals to your own sound. The unit includes one balanced XLR and two unbalanced 1/4in. outputs and a speaker thru jack, giving you the option of using a speaker instead of the internal load circuit.”
    • More detail from their website http://www.palmergear.com/pga04.shtml
    • Has fair number of scratches and marks, including on its face. See additional pix of it at http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z50/margin4error/Rack%20Gear/
    • This has been tested by me and is working.

Condition: I've run out of power cords for the remaining items! But note these are all standard cables that can be purchased from WalMart and such for $5 to $10 (except for the Metric Halo, for which I DO have the proper cable and that will be kept with it).

All computer-interfacing items have been partially tested (i.e., I checked for basic signals, but did not install on my new computers to test completely). They were working fine when last used. All other items tested and work just fine. All items have minimal to zero rack rash except as indicated above (rubber/nylon washers were used). Most items have some scratching on top/bottom, but very little on face except as noted above.

References: At this point I’ve done a good number of positive deals on The Gear Page, a few on TalkBass (note they were a while ago), and (also a while ago) eBay. I will want to speak with you over the phone and am happy to share more info.

Will not be interested in any trades.
    We'll exchange contact info to hear more details. My preference is for us to speak over the phone.
    Will only ship to the buyer's confirmed PayPal address. Selling only to buyers who are located in the continental US and will have item shipped to confirmed address in continental US, and payment from US address. Item will ship once funds have been received.

rackgear02.

rackgear01.

2. AA63

AA63 Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    How much for the Metric Halo?

3. HooBass

HooBass

May 27, 2003
    NC
    AA63: I Just sent you a PM.