1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS***PRICE DROP*** Sadowsky Metro RV4 Oly White $1400

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tradernick, Jan 11, 2012.

1. tradernick

tradernick

Mar 19, 2008
    Hi guys

(***reason for repost - tried to add 'price drop' in title but changes were not taking***)

Up for sale is the first Sadowsky I ever bought (from TB of course), in November '09. Alder/Morado with VTC, serial # M3510 in Olympic White. Just over 9 pounds. Reason for selling is pictured below - the NYC Will Lee is a keeper and there's no particular reason to keep them both around. I have a few feedbacks here but local pro references are no problem.

I want to be very clear that this bass became my main gigging instrument the day I got it, and I gigged it a lot up until I got the Will Lee. There are a few dings on it which I have described below. However, the front of the body is in great shape and the bass sounds and plays great. I've purchased a bunch of basses here and most of them show up with almost zero fretwear. This one has the amount of fretwear you would expect from an instrument that has been gigged regularly, but does not yet need a fret dress, IMO. I am pricing this bass accordingly. I don't care about a hundred bucks here or there and I've made my money playing this one.

I'd prefer to sell this bass to a member with a few previous deals here. The price is NOW $1400 shipped .

I put up a video of the bass at photobucket. The resolution isn't great but this is what I got out of a Flip. Please view this video if you're thinking about buying.

VID00637.mp4 video by tradernik - Photobucket

Here's the bass, alongside the reason I'm selling

straightshot2-1.

Probably the biggest ding is on the top of the neck near the 2nd and 4th fret - there are actually two marks on it. I have never felt these while playing and they do not bother me at all.

neckding2.

Here's the main one again, at the 2nd fret. The mark on the headstock just behind the 'E' string post is cosmetic and was there when I got the bass.

neckding1.

Here's a shot of the fretwear, bigger to show detail. Please see the video as well. Rotosound RS66LD's all day long, for going on 25 years, but they aren't the softest strings on the planet : )

Sadowskypostad011.

Here's the underside of the headstock. Anyone who gigs a lot will know how these little marks get there (hint: cymbals + tight stages).

IMG_0438-1.

Here's the very small circular ding in the face of the headstock. This is into the wood.

zheadstock-1.

2. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Southern California
    PM sent.

3. That's a spanking good price... You will have pm if this is (somehow) still here tomorrow.

4. Hi, I am interested!
    would you sell to Germany?
    Best regards
    Uli

5. tradernick

tradernick

Mar 19, 2008
    Uli, you have a PM!

I am now opening this up to trade offers, but the list will be very limited. The one bass I would really consider is a Fender Custom Shop Jazz, alder/rosewood (morado or whatever) with active pickups.

Also, just to reiterate, although I have only a few deals here, pro references are no problem and you can Google me and find out a bit more as well : )

6. tradernick

tradernick

Mar 19, 2008
    Pending...and sold! Thanks TB.