1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Pristine Big Al 5H - Sapphire Black n' Maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ubnomnar, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    SOLD... a pristine sapphire black n' maple Big Al 5H with case.

This BAD BOY weighs in at a middleweight 9lbs. 6 ozs.

The bass is super clean... no scratches, dents, dings, or chips. The pickguard shows a little bit of playing wear. The maple fret board has a little bit of "color" starting to show. I always play with clean hands... but you know those raw maple boards.

The case looks very, very good... but has a small split in one of the corners. The bass has never left my home so it must have happened in shipping. I didn't notice it until I had the bass for over a month.

I've owned five Big Al basses and this one has been my favorite. In fact it was created from two Big Als. It originally had a rosewood board but in a transaction with another TBer I swapped it out for the maple board neck.

It's a fantastic match as this bass is truly a "StingRay on steroids." It's currently strung with Circle K Balanced 136 Nickel Rounds and it's a fantastic playing bass.

I've decided to pursue my Bongo GAS and something has to go.

2. ubnomnar

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    More pics...

3. ubnomnar

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    More pics, too...

4. SSS and I would be taking this off your hands. Good luck.

5. Me too. I've got Bongo Gas. Ready to move just haven't found one to my liking. May just have to go new.

6. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

Aug 9, 2004
    Raleigh NC
    Bump to ask, what's the weight?

7. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    I recognize that maple neck.

8. ubnomnar

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    Yep... I got it from you on my very 1st Big Al. It's an awesome neck... and "make's" this bass: )

I still may end up keeping this one. I've got more great basses than I can justify. I'm letting the market help me decide. Hmmm... it's tough to let it go... but something's got to go: (

9. StuartV

StuartV Finally figuring out what I really like Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    I think you should keep it... so I can try it out. :D

10. ubnomnar

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    Stu... you should buy it and play it now... and then you can taunt me with how great it is when I get seller's remorse:crying:

11. StuartV

StuartV Finally figuring out what I really like Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    I have 3 basses here that were not here last week. I don't think I can ingest another for a little while. :( Sucks, too, 'cause I know it'll be hard to find another one of these that matches my criteria so well later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.