1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: ProTone Raven Chorus Pedal

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by tigerbass, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigerbass

tigerbass

Jul 28, 2006
    Crown Point, IN
    Hi everybody!
    I have for sale one of my very favorite pedals ever! I actually have 2 and don't need both of them. This particular one is brand spanking new! I mean it literally has about 30 seconds time on it! I had an issue with one of my old ones and sent it back to Dennis. He could not find the source of the problem so he built me a brand new one with new housing. All I did was plug it in to make sure she worked.
    Instead of shelling $289 and waiting 2 months for a new one, I will sell my new one to you for $150 firm! :eek:
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love this pedal and am always finding cool new ways to use it!

Here is some info from his website...
    The Raven pedal is in a class of its own- at the initial onset, the Raven is a lush chorus designed to reproduce some of the classic sounds bassist / producer Paul Raven unleashed during his 30+ years in the recording industry as an essential part of luminaries such as Killing Joke, Prong, Ministry, Mob Research, Godflesh and many others.

Lurking under the layer of chorus resides a layer of thick, full bodied fuzz. This concept is an industry 1st and was designed to meet the rigorous tone shaping requirements that a Journeyman of Raven's standards would demand.

To take the obsession with tonal flexibility even further we've designed the Chop Chop switch- the ability to convert the lush chorus into a slurred vibrato unlike anything else available today with a simple flick of a toggle switch.

Because Paul Raven was not just a bass player, but a highly sought after producer, the Raven pedal serves double duty- as both a bass effect, and a guitar effect pedal. The Kaw switch adjust the bass frequency response to provided maximum flexibility both on stage and in the studio.

To make this pedal truly unique Raven teamed with Pro Tone Pedals renowned artist Felix LaFlamme to compose show stopping artwork all the way down to the Evil Glowing Eye.

raven001.

Thanks for looking and Peace!

2. tigerbass

tigerbass

Jul 28, 2006
    Crown Point, IN
    bump for the stupid deal of the day!! :cool:

3. Can you dial out the fuzz for a pure chorus effect?

4. tigerbass

tigerbass

Jul 28, 2006
    Crown Point, IN
    I would say not 100%, but awful close. I use it in mellower songs all the time, just that slightest little pinch of edginess really helps cut thru in a band mix. In all honesty, after using this, I simply can't even use any other chorus. My Boss Chorus Ensemble is a paperweight! My Analogman w/ deep switch lasted about 5 minutes as well!

5. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    This is such a good buy, I wish I actually liked chorus. Oh, well. Go Cubbies!

6. tigerbass

tigerbass

Jul 28, 2006
    Crown Point, IN
    I don't really either, that's the beauty of this pedaL It makes chorus fun! And the vibrato side of this thing is just TOO MUCH FUN!!
    About my Flubbies...:scowl: :bawl:

7. Hmm...if I had the money. Consider partial trade plus cash? See sig for the pedal....

8. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    What sig?

And you actually prefer this to an Analogman??? :oops:

9. The pedal in my sig actually sold. It was the MJM Britbender, a clone of the three knob Tonebender.

As far as preference, I don't know. I never tried this pedal but I have owned Protones before and know they are superb pedals. But at this point in time, an Analogman is at the top of the list for me.

10. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    The second half was directed at Allen, sorry ;)
    That's why I asked, I'm never going Analogman-less :D

11. tigerbass

tigerbass

Jul 28, 2006
    Crown Point, IN
    Yeah I do. Alone sure the Analogman is gonna be more lush and warm. Paired up in a full band mix with jammin guitars...bye bye Analogman! Versatility-wise there is also no comparison. There are many "What the hell was that?" sounds to be had in the Raven! I have the 1st commercially available Raven made, so I've had her quite a while, and I still find cool new ways to use it. My latest example is a leslie-ish type of effect in the Alanis Morisette song "All I really want" The band LOVES it!

12. man, I wish I had room on my board...

13. tigerbass

tigerbass

Jul 28, 2006
    Crown Point, IN
    Wasn't there a discussion about turning some of your pedals sideways? :bag:

14. yeah, but I'm too busy playing with some new toys to mess with it. :bassist:

15. tigerbass

tigerbass

Jul 28, 2006
    Crown Point, IN
    Dirty slurry bumpage! And to reiterate, this pedal is brand new!!

16. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    Aaaahhhh Allen you tempt me. But I LOVE my Analogman, even in the mix (in both my blues-rock and loud heavier type indie bands). NEVERRR parting with!

17. PMed

18. tigerbass

tigerbass

Jul 28, 2006
    Crown Point, IN
    Sold and flying out to haunt Marlborough MA!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.