FS: Rare CIJ jazz with Sadowsky pups and Audere preamp.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JahNissi, Jul 7, 2008.

1. JahNissi

JahNissi

May 24, 2006
    Illinois
    I'm putting my rare Fender CIJ jazz bass up for sale. I bought it from a fellow TB'er (I don't know if it is kosher to say who) for $650. I've been browsing TB for a while and I've never seen a bass with this finish. Thats why I say it is rare. It's a transparent dark blue over swamp ash with matching head stock. It's pretty hard to photograph but it's a very dark, deep blue. It's got a maple neck with some good looking rosewood for the finger board.

I also added Sadowsky single coil pickups ($160)nand a Audere JZ3 preamp ($149). IMO Sadoswky single coils are the best sounding jazz pick ups out there. And the Audere is great too. It adds a whole new tone pallet to the traditional jazz sounds.

Also included on the bass is a badass II bridge and strap locks. The pick guard is white pearl.

The condition of the bass is very good cosmetically. It's got a nitro finish so it has some swirls in it, but there are no dents or anything like that. I'd say it's probably a 8.5 or 9 out of 10. The problem is that a wire has come lose in the Audere. It's one of the wires that connects the battery to the board (you can see it in the pictures). I want to make clear that there is nothing wrong with the preamp, just one of the wires came out). Once that is re-solder it will work. I just can't solder.

I'm getting out of bass for good, so I have no real desire to fix it so I can play.

So feel free to PM if you have any questions or anything and I will try to answer them. Thanks.

EDIT: The bass comes with a padded tweed gig bag. It has one big pouch and then 2 small ones. If you want pictures feel free to PM and I can send them to you.

Because I'm getting out of bass I'd only like to get what I paid for it which is $650.

IMG_0036.jpg
    IMG_0037.jpg
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/pmill04/IMG_0042.jpg[/IMG
    [ATTACH=full]1312550[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=full]1312552[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=full]1312553[/ATTACH]

2. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    Bump for a nice bass, sorry your leaving the fold man.

3. poman

poman Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Ga.
    I think I'll be snaging this one...you have PM

4. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    pm sent !:hyper:

5. sflajimmy

sflajimmy

Nov 6, 2005
    South Florida
    I like the bass and may be nitpicking but that grain looks a little too tight to be ash. I would suggest it may be Alder. I can see it's probably gone....you snooze you loose.:meh:

6. JahNissi

JahNissi

May 24, 2006
    Illinois
    Yeah the grain is really tight. I think the person I bought it from told me it was a 2 piece ash body (. I bought it from dragonbass and he seems like her prefers Alder, but I dunno though.

All PM's replied too.

7. Ampig

Ampig Supporting Member

How much does she weigh?

8. JahNissi

JahNissi

May 24, 2006
    Illinois
    By the 'bathroom scale' method it looks to be a tad over 9 lbs. I weighed it 3 times and got between 9 and 9.3 lbs.

All PM's replied. A lot of interest but no one has pulled the trigger yet!

9. troyus

troyus

Apr 9, 2008
    San Diego, CA.
    Very pretty...!

10. Ampig

Ampig Supporting Member

Do you know where the loose white wire goes? Is a case or gigbag included? Do you have the original control plate/electronics, pickups, bridge?

11. That looks like the ground to me.

12. Ampig

Ampig Supporting Member

That may welll be, but if it came loose from the circuit board, I'll need to know the location to resolder it.

13. JahNissi

JahNissi

May 24, 2006
    Illinois
    I don't have the original pickups or preamp sorry. And the white wire is the ground (that coming from Dave at Audere). The BAII is the bridge that the bass came with from the factory. A lot of CIJ basses came with BA bridges.

Also the bass comes with a tweed gigbag.

PM's responded too.

14. JahNissi

JahNissi

May 24, 2006
    Illinois
    I'd like to point out that the bass still plays. The white wire is just the ground. The ground being disconnected does not affect the bass's sound or tone. The ground being disconnected should mean the bass is louder, but that does not seem to be the case. Like I said, if you have any questions PM me.

15. ah drat
    if you could just hold off on this sick puppy for acouple months

16. that is a gorgous bass, is a piece of the headstock chipped off and glued back on or is there something on it in the pics?anyways if i didnt already have two jazz basses id be on it. the audere really makes them come alive. someone is gonna get a sick bass on the cheap.by the way that is a 10 minute fix on that wire you just have to run it under the bridge

17. JahNissi

JahNissi

May 24, 2006
    Illinois
    It's not a chip. The clear has come off there. It's not chipped or anything like that. Nitro finishes are pretty soft (compared to Poly). Thats why all the early fenders vintage so easily compared to new ones.

Thanks, for the kind words though! Probably the biggest thing I'm going to miss about the bass world is the TB community. Everyone on TB is so nice and personable......anyway, sorry for the rant.

All PM's answered.

18. JahNissi

JahNissi

May 24, 2006
    Illinois
    Bump! Still for sale!

19. Is there any twist, event slight, in the neck and does the truss rod work as it should?

Thanks,
    Chris

20. Ampig

Ampig Supporting Member

PM sent

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021