1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Rare Sunburst Precision Body $135 Shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by joelb79, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    For sale is a precision body I bought two weeks ago. Unfortunately I'm not going to have the time to put this project together and I have some hefty bills up and I could use the money to go towards those.

Quote from the original seller, joeyl

I took the pickups out and inspected them. The P-Bass pickup appears to be a Fender 62' Original, the Neck pickup is an unknown but it appears to be an Epiphone pickup.

The body has a slight finish crack on the back at the lower horn. This is not a wood crack and will not affect the bass or the tone.

I have not had a neck to put on it so I cant test it fully. The pickups do register ohms on my meter. The Neck pickup will need to be soldered to the pots, but this is not difficult.

Pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not doing trades - Paypal Preferred. International Shipping OK, however we will have to work up a custom price for the shipping. I'm thinking split would be okay for international customers, however this depends on the price of shipping.

$135 Shipped US.

2. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    A little forewarning, SX Jazz Necks are not going to fit on this bass. Warmoth, Allparts, Fender, Mightymite or any actual licensed by fender neck will. If your neck has a Fender pocket it will most likely fit.

3. Hmmm.... I bought a SX Jazz neck and it fit my Fender "Squier" PBass body. Are the Squiers neck pocket different from a actual Fender?

Steve

4. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Wow. Interesting. I'm actually not sure. Squires have a definite possibility of being different than the big F. This kinda makes me want to buy an SX neck and just sell it as a complete bass for more. :D

5. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Might be pulling this off the market tonight or tomorrow. It appears that the pickups alone are going to be worth more than $130. :)

6. :)

7. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Keep smiling Joey. I just talked to Scott confirming what a magic deal this is. I think i just might have to ... keep .. it. (don't tell my wife)

8. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Ok more information:

The Precision pickup tests 11.3k Ohms. It has the numbers 048614 on the back. This pickup is a match to my Highway One Precision Bass pickup which I just pulled out of my HW1 P in both the numbers and the ohms. My vote, Fender HW1 Pickup.

The Gibson pickup seems to be the real deal.

The pots are 500K pots. They are split shaft and not CTS. They are marked US 500K A. Both Tone caps are .1uF.

The body is Alder. The pickguard is an Allparts. The bridge is nothing special and has 7 screws. The body itself is routed quite a bit, and could accommodate a large pickup (such as a darkstar), as well as a preamp and multiple batteries. The Strap buttons are included.

Somebody take it off my hands before I evilbay this thing.

9. goin' off the subject but you have the nicest jazz bass I have ever seen....

I don't think it gets much better than white/maple/pearloid....

Nice!

Steve

10. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    I have an offer on the table and i'll keep it on hold for 24 hours for him to respond. After that its either ebay or back on TB for sale. Form a line if you must. :D Now let me put this thing back together.

11. I thought it was a pretty good deal :smug: People, joelb79 is an awesome guy to deal with... :)

12. redstrand

redstrand Supporting Member

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    Man, that thing looks like it would be a swampy blues bass and then some.

13. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    put me in line, you have pm.
    Chris

14. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    4 in line. Not sure if its sold though, we have some teetering positions in line.

Exactly! doesn't get better than a big buck and a P. That covers all basses in blues. Thunder and growl.

15. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    And officially On Hold Pending Payment.

16. 5th in line?

17. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Sold.

Thread Status: