1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Raven Labs PHA-1 Headphone Amp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by RandomEvent, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    EDIT: SOLD!

Hey everyone, I just got a car, so I'm unloading some stuff to pay of some other debt.

I'm looking to sell my PHA-1 headphone amp. You guys know the deal with this thing. SN 0189, 3 band EQ, 2 inputs (Hi/Lo), etc. You can find more information about it here:

http://www.raven-labs.com/pages/products/pha1/pha1.html

Mine looks exactly like that. Just to clarify, this one takes batteries only, 2 9 volts. If you do want pics, just PM me. I'll take a few and send them.

$210 shipped/insured CONUS is what I'm looking to get for it. PayPal only.

2. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    bump before bed

3. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    WOW! can't believe this is still here! These are normally gone by the end of the day they're posted. I've got #043 and can't imagine how I practiced before without it. The sound is incrediblely pure. I campared this to my friends Cafe Walter, and although the Walter sounded smoother, I think the RL was more realistic in sound. As a fretless player, this thing has really helped me come a long way by leaps and bounds. Good luck with the sale!

4. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    I'm a bit shocked too. Thanks for the nice comments!

5. I've wanted a PHA-1 for a few years and would be on this "like white on rice" (as my fiancée so often says :) ) except for the lack of AC adapter - I go through enough as it is. Trust me, I'm not happy about the matter... :bawl:

6. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Well in all fairness, when running on batteries only, this sucker is quieter than on the AC adapter. (I bought a newer version for my church which runs on the AC) I've gigged with it and have been practicing for several hours and it really does lasts a super long time.

7. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    Yeah the batteries do last a long time.

8. I like the fact that I can pick up my PHA-1 and carry it (and my bass :D) into another room if I so choose. IMO the batteries are a better way. Mine last a long time.
    BTW, I think a reason this has not sold yet could be due to the amount of Tascam BT trainers out there. I've got both and I find myself using the Tascam most of the time. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with the sale RandomE. :)

9. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    Thanks! I actually have both like you do, and find myself using the Tascam more. While its not nearly as good as a headphone amp as the PHA-1, it does multiple things.

10. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    $210 shipped now.

11. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    bump

12. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

PM'd.

Thread Status: