1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Read Custom Bass Purity Preamp w/ dual power supply (120V/240V switch)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Taustin Powers, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I had Jack build this one for me when I was still living in the states. I knew I was gonna move back to Germany, so I asked him to make it 240V compatible as well. After a few months of waiting for a universal power supply part that never came, he simply built in two power supplies and a switch. The switch is on the back, and held in place by a security cover plate that needs to be removed in order to switch the voltage, to prevent "accidents". So if you are looking for a great sounding preamp that can travel the world with you, you certainly found it! :) I've been using it with a Crown K2 poweramp, and decided to downsize and get rid of that setup. Got me a small Eden WT-550 instead - that will be much easier on my back!

Other than that, it has a mute switch and an EQ bypass switch. Not much else to say about features - if you're reading this, you probably know exactly what you are looking at. ;)

Condition: It works and sounds fantastic! Never had to be worked on, the original seal is still on there. However, it has seen some gigs without a rack, so the top plate looks dirty/scratched. Some jerk parked a beer bottle on it too, and it left a mark. It's purely aesthetical, but check out the pictures to see if that bothers you. The front and back look great.

Location: I am located in Berlin, Germany. Selling to someone within the EU would be much easier customs-wise. But if someone in the states really wants it, we can probably find a way. I would let you work out (and pay) the applicable taxes/customs fees though, sorry.

Price: I am asking 550 EUR plus shipping. (will ship after payment has cleared, if applicable)

PICTURES: I will add big detailed pictures this afternoon when I come home from work.

2. Morning bump!

3. vilkai

vilkai

Jul 1, 2008
    Finland
    Only EUR550? At that price this is a STEAL!

You will not find a better pre-amp for any price. I know some will prefer Aguilar or Kern but the differences are not Earth-shattering. If you're looking for a pre-amp that will not colour your tone unless you want it to, this is the real deal. Has nice tone shaping options, to boot.

4. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    ...really dig both tunes on your My Space page, especially the first...good luck with the sale...free bump from a fellow Purity owner...

5. Thanks man, those were actually recorded using the Read. :)

6. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    Bump for a great preamp at a more than reasonable price!!!
    I own one of the last ones ever made and just love it!!!.
    Does yours have an aluminum chassis and front panel?

7. I'm not sure about the different versions he made. Mine was one of the early ones, before he was going to start somewhat mass-producing them. You can probably tell by the photos?

8. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    As far as I know, there were only two different types of face plates: the standard one (which I have, and it appears that you have as well), and the chrome reflective face plate (which I used to have). I don't know of any difference in the chassis from build to build. I don't know if the face plate is made out of aluminum or not, but it seems like you've got the standard version, whatever it is.

9. Bump. :)

10. Still here, still waiting!

11. and a bump for the weekend

12. Today is Sunday. :)

13. And a Monday morning bump. :)

14. Bumperoo

15. *yawn*

16. Happy weekend everyone!

17. Sunday. Still here.

18. A new week begins!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.