1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: "Real Deal" Original Vintage 1975 Fender Jazz Bass - Nice!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by was3funk, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. was3funk

was3funk

Jul 3, 2006
    Colorado
    FS: "Real Deal" Original Vintage 1975 Fender Jazz Bass

OK, wasn't sure I was ever going to do this, but here it is: Up for sale is my 35 year-old 1975 Fender Jazz Bass. I've owned and played a bunch of them and this one IMO - is the best I've played. It has that heavy ash / maple neck feel and "Marcus Miller" tone, perfectly straight neck, and the head turning looks to boot. Please note - this is not a museum quality piece, it has it's share of knicks, bumps and bruises, a "funk" machine that is meant to be played and enjoyed, that is not to say that these older 70's J-Basses won't increase in value.

IMG_3313. IMG_3309. IMG_3302. IMG_3304. IMG_3305. IMG_3308. IMG_3316.

Details:
    • Solid Ash body
    • Natural Urethane Finish (refinished - original color was sunburst)
    • Bound Fingerboard with White Binding & Pearloid Block Inlay - 20 frets (original - still has life)
    • Maple Neck - C Shape - 7.25 Radius (gloss finish on back of neck is now a smooth satin finish)
    • "Bullet" Truss Rod Adjustment wt. 3-Bolt Neck Plate
    • Nordstrand NJ4 single coil pickups (original p/u's also included )
    • Three knob control - Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
    • Brass Nut - original cracked and didn't want to ever have to replace it again.
    • Original Bridge & Neck Chrome "Ash" Tray Covers
    • Original tags & owners manual (Blank registration in case you want to send it in - think it's still valid?) :)
    • Original hard shell / plush lined case
    • weighs in at: 10.2 lbs - nicknamed "Chunk of Funk"
    SOLD

2. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Banned

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    Serial #? I thought all '75s had 4 bolt necks

3. Bass Junkie

Bass Junkie

Nov 3, 2009
    Florida
    Fender went from the 4 bolt to 3 bolt in mid '75. The late '75's had the serial # on the neck plate. In '76 the serial # moved to the headstock. If I hadn't just bought a Ken Smith 2 days ago I'd be all over this. Still might!

4. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Banned

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    Okie dokie

5. Bass Junkie

Bass Junkie

Nov 3, 2009
    Florida
    Who did the body refin?

6. Bass Junkie

Bass Junkie

Nov 3, 2009
    Florida
    Are all the electronics original?

7. was3funk

was3funk

Jul 3, 2006
    Colorado
    The electronics are mostly original with the exception of the bridge pot and of course the Nordstrand pick ups in there now - the original pick ups are included with the bass.

8. was3funk

was3funk

Jul 3, 2006
    Colorado
    S/N# 679988

Refin was done by Mark (forgot his last name) @ Rudy's NYC, he used to one of the main guys at Rudy's, he did it about 10 years ago.

9. kdel

kdel

Feb 24, 2010
    San Diego
    Did you consider the split coil nj4sv's when you dropped the Nortrands in? Bump for a killer classic. Good luck w/the sale.

10. was3funk

was3funk

Jul 3, 2006
    Colorado
    You know I did and I'm a fan of those also but decided to go with the regular Nordys. Thanks!

11. pbent21

pbent21

Dec 3, 2003
    Michigan
    Bump for a great looking bass!

12. Molan

Molan

Dec 13, 2003
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Very nice indeed :)

13. PM Sent

14. was3funk