1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Really small bass (okay, it's a cello)

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Bob Gollihur, Dec 15, 2001.

1. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    I got the folks who make the Bulgarian basses (http://www.urbbob.com/doublebass.html) to ship me one of their cellos a few months ago. It's equally nice, fully carved, very sweet 4/4 cello. I have photos of it available (Photopoint is down right now so I can't point you there) but if someone is interested, email me.

I'll include a seven day approval period for it as well.

I also have a Kaces bag for it (http://www.urbbob.com/dbcase.html) available.

2. Tele295

Tele295

Jan 8, 2002
    Ventura, CA
    Is it about the same price as the basses?

3. Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Less, I got it at last year's prices. I'd like to get $1450 for it, $1498 (passing on the case for cost) with the padded gig bag. It is very similar to the basses, also has a sprayed finish. They are coming out with cellos with varnish finishes and sexier wood but want many more $$ for them.

4. Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor

Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
    You still have the small bass? My says she needs a cello.

Joe

5. Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Yes, in fact I was just thinking about it again, was going to take some shots and eBay it.

Let me know if you're interested, make me an offer I can't refuse. ;)

Bob Gollihur
    Wordsmith Associates Music
    7 Baywyn Drive
    Ocean View, NJ 08230
    609-624-1470

6. Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor

Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
    It is kind of hard to buy a instrument at a distance because you have to trust someones evaluation on the instrument.

Just how good is it? My local guy has a deal on Eastman cello's right now and Christopher got someting going too I think. I'M NOT TRYING TO TALK YOUR PRICE DOWN!! Just trying to compair all things in about the same price range.

And the other big thing how do you ship something like that across country? Also, How is the setup on it?

Joe

7. Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    It's very nice, great tone. Like the Bulgarian basses I sell, they concentrate on the instrument and its sound, not making eye candy, so there's no fancy flamed back.

It is set up well to my eye - very playable for me, though I'm a bassist not a cellist. A player may like lower action, but I can't be sure. I'd ship it in the same crate in which it arrived - looks just like the bass crates, a smaller version. I'll have to measure it to see if UPS or FedEx will take it.

And I have no problem offering a seven day approval period so you can judge for yourself.

Give me a private email bob@gollihur.com or phone 609-624-1470 call if you have other questions.