1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Red O.D. boutique overdrive from The Syle. Germanium and Silicone

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by stingray56funk, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    For Sale Only:

I bought this new from The Syle...they are a company that makes boutique hand-made pedals for less than many other newer boutique pedal companies. Their new prices are reasonable (I bought this O.D. for $125 including shipping) and most of their pedals are the same way.

This is an overdrive pedal that gives you the option of Germanium or Silicone diodes. I absolutely love the sound of the Germanium one...but you need a little extra kick in your overdrive then select the Silicone option.

Very responsive and easy to control. Great for that SVT overdrive or the full on Big Muff growl/grit! This is extremely well built with all metal casing, excellent professional paint job, true bypass, runs on a boss 9volt adaptor or 1 9volt battery, and is a nice pedal size like a Fulltone Bassdrive.

Only selling to pay for a tube buffer that I just purchased.

Ask any questions you like...here is The Syle's website for all their information as well as some sound samples: http://thesyle.com/red.html

These are pics of the actual pedal. No nicks, scratches, marks, nothing...it is as good as new!!!

DSC04221.

DSC04223.

DSC04227.

PRICE: $85 including shipping. This is a great deal because it has never left my house and is basically BRAND NEW!!! I take Paypal only for this pedal. Thanks!

2. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Is there any low end loss?

3. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Thanks for the question...

No there is no low end loss. No fall off with the Germanium or Silicone Diodes selected. I haven't used a 5 string with it and tried a Low B...but it is very deep and authoritative with my 4 strings. Think very much like a Fulltone Bass-Drive. I have kept the tone knob below halfway because I like a little more bass and mid in my sound than highs...but even with the tone knob cranked there is still a good bit of low end. I use a G&L SB-2 and 30th Anniversary Stingray with it and love the tone both ways.

4. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Forgot to mention...

THESE ARE COMPLETELY HANDWIRED...POINT TO POINT!

5. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    bump

6. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    i'll take that O.D.

PM'd!
    http://[malware url removed].net/vicious-smiley-1815.gif