1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS, reduced 11.75%: 2009 Clement 5-string bass, excellent

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Snaxster, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    $1500 USD shipped fully insured to CONUS (that's an 11.75% reduction from the $1700 I was asking.) This is a sale with a firm price only — no trades or offers. Contact me by email: skylimes at yahoo dot com.

[​IMG]

This 2009 Clement 5-string bass is in excellent condition and it features
    • Spanish cedar body
    • figured walnut body top
    • walnut neck with thick wenge stringers
    • 34" scale fretted ebony fingerboard, with on-edge white position dots
    • 18 mm string spacing at the bridge
    • Nordstrand NJ5FSb and NP5 pickups
    • no preamp
    • pots arranged as volume, pickup pan, and passive tone, with Sadowsky knobs
    • black hardware (except chrome strap buttons)
    • original matching wood knobs included
    • ProTec Contego case
    [​IMG]

My documentation of this bass before customization is here: 2009 Clement fretted Jon, no. 123.

And my documentation of Nordstrand's customization of this bass's electronics is here: Updates to Clement no. 123 and "covers for the empty knob holes".

[​IMG]

The preamp that was originally in this bass was transferred to another bass and is not available.

UPDATE: The original matching wood knobs are included. I found them. Here is a photo of all five wood knobs installed on the Clement in its original configuration:

[​IMG]

I replaced the original strap buttons (flat, black nylon) with simple chrome ones. To my taste, they work well, and are a nice visual accent that matches traditional metal strings.

[​IMG]

$1500 USD shipped fully insured to CONUS (that's an 11.75% reduction from the $1700 I was asking.) This is a sale with a firm price only — no trades or offers. Contact me by email: skylimes at yahoo dot com.

This sale will be final. If you have any concerns about this 2009 Clement 5-string bass, ask me before you buy it, because once you buy it from me I will not accept it back for a refund.

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

Snaxster

2. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Banned

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    If it were 11.763258% you'd have yourself a deal

3. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Hahaha! Nice. :)

I just figured that sellers usually say things like "big reduction" or "sale", but they don't say how much the discount is. With my sale, buyers can go away feeling 11.75% better about their purchase. :D

4. morguedoc71

morguedoc71 Supporting Member

May 22, 2009
    Great price!

If it gets any cheaper, I may have to snag it...:p

Good luck with the sale!

5. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Thanks, morguedoc! :)

And yes, it is a great price: an excellent and beautiful handmade bass, fine handmade pickups, and a near mint Contego case, all shipped with insurance?

This is a good one; and if I were smart, I wouldn't sell it. :rollno:

Best,

Snaxster

6. Archaeobass

Archaeobass Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Sunnyvale, CA
    How about one slightly used kidney in trade? I stay well hydrated, so its in good shape. Only minor play wear and some checking around the renal vein. Its a "player's kidney" so its not perfect, but it works fine for me!

How I wish I could relieve you of your beautiful bass!

Bump!
    :hyper:

7. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Thanks, Archaeobass. I'm chock full of kidneys at the moment. Though if it were possible to replace a bad back, I might accept a new one as payment. :D

Best,

Snaxster

8. dudamir

dudamir

Jul 28, 2009
    How hard it would be to setup the preamp back? I know you don't have it anymore, but I do.

9. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Hello and thank you for asking. I'm sure it would be very easy for a knowledgeable installer. If it were my decision, I would hire a professional guitar tech to do it.

Best,

Snaxster

P.S. - In my opinion, this bass doesn't need a preamp. Plenty of tones and a very rich sound are available with only one's fingers, pickup selection, and the passive tone pot. ;)

10. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    I just watched Ed Friedland's review of Clement basses, and these are the real deal. He had a fretless, but I bet this sounds great too.

11. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Hello and thanks, AJ. Yes, Tom Clement does good work!

Though I have played only three of his basses, including the two I own, my sense is that he is doing something special in his bass building. There is something very soulful, honest and musical about Tom's basses.

I think this is refreshing in a time of J Bass clones, technical wizardry, and novelty for marketing's sake. And the Clement thread at TB shows that this is what attracts people to Clement basses.

Best,

Snaxster

12. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Andy, I had my Clement at the NE GTG at your place last year. Did you have a chance to play it?

13. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Nice bass. Good luck with the sale........

14. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Thank you, GNC!

Best,

Snaxster

15. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    UPDATE: The original matching wood knobs are included. I found them. Here is a photo of all five wood knobs installed on the Clement in its original configuration:

[​IMG]

16. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    You know what, I didn't. If you come to the GTG in Sept/Nov, you better bring it!

17. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Happy Fourth of July!

18. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    You 2 I enjoyed the '59 tube again last night!

19. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Woo-hoo! Raytheon, Brother!

[​IMG]

I'll have your backup to you before long, Tom. They don't make them anymore like they did in the 50s. :D

Best,

Snaxster

20. morguedoc71

morguedoc71 Supporting Member

May 22, 2009
    Bump for desperately wanting to take this off your hands...:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.