1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Reverend 5-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dave Siff, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OK, apparently I'm crazy because I just played this bass for a few minutes, and it smokes. But, I've got one too many instruments and I need a new amp, so here goes.
    Reverend 5L, made in 2005, black with a black pickguard, 35" scale maple neck with 21-fret maple fingerboard with rolled edges. Two Reverend pickups in white covers, which look cool against the black. Controls are master volume, tone, and a three-way switch (parallel/single coil/series.)
    It's currently strung with Fender 8250-5 nickel roundwounds, which have a taper-core B and E. This bass loves a set of D'Addario Chromes, too.
    There are a few cosmetic imperfections worth noting, all of which were on the bass when I got it and none of which affect playability.
    A previous owner either very lightly sanded or smoothed the top edge of the fretboard in a couple of spots. It's a tad shinier than the rest of the neck, which I don't think would even show up in a picture. Both spots are completely smooth and there's no wood missing.
    There's also a scratch on the fretboard at the 8th fret under the E and A strings. (You can see it in the photo, right next to the 8th fret.) It's completely smooth. And there are tiny little divots at the very end of the fretboard under all five strings, like someone was bending notes past the 21st fret. Weird, but doesn't affect anything. I can try to capture all this in photos if anyone wants.
    Other than that, there are surface scratches and swirls on the pickguard, and a bit of black smudging near the bottom strap pin -- but none of the yellow-ish discoloration Reverends typically get on their sides.
    The bass comes with a Reverend gig bag, Reverend strap and a spare gold pickguard.
    $850 shipped TODAY ONLY! to the continental U.S. only. I'm also willing to drive 75 or 100 miles one way to drop it off if you're in Georgia/Alabama/South Carolina.
    USPS money order preferred, Paypal OK.
    Not interested in trades, so please don't offer.
    This is the only picture I have but I can take more.

IMG_0862.

2. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    bump for a great guy and a great 5 string. Reverend's are tone monsters

3. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Fish Frenzy in Progress!

4. Joelc73

Joelc73

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    These Reverends are super, super basses. They are also as rare as hen's teeth. Someone should jump on this.

5. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    this isn't gone yet? come on!

6. Friday 'Fish fry.. $850 shipped, today only!
    This bass at this price is a steal, folks.

7. rkingly

rkingly "Playing Reverend Basses on a Regular Basis"

Sep 8, 2007
    Virginia
    Endorsing Artist: Reverend Guitars
    PM'd

8. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Wow, you having a fish fry or something man? You are in fish buying mode! :D ;)

9. rkingly

rkingly "Playing Reverend Basses on a Regular Basis"

Sep 8, 2007
    Virginia
    Endorsing Artist: Reverend Guitars
    Blackened Fish is my Favorite Dish. :D

10. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    I really want a Reverend back, but I want it to have something like a John East non-invasive preamp in it. :)

11. Sold to Ross!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.