Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Reverend Brad Houser 5 in Lava Swirl Finish

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by JessRobinson, Aug 3, 2005.

1. JessRobinson

JessRobinson Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2004
    Fairfax, VA
    *** SOLD ***

I’m selling my Brad Houser 5, the top of the line of the discontinued stable of Reverend basses. Reverend basses are pretty hard to come by these days, and the Brad Houser is the rarest of the species, especially in this finish. A black and white Reverend teardrop case is included. Both the bass and case are in great condition.

The specs:

+ Two double-J humbucker pickups
    + 3-position voicing switch (parallel, single coil, series) for each pickup – lots of tonal options!
    + Volume for each pickup
    + Master tone control
    + Hipshot bridge
    + Neck width: 1 7/8" @ nut, 3" @ 22nd fret
    + Extremely funky Lava Swirl finish
    + Co-designed with Brad Houser (Critters Buggin’, New Bohemians)
    + Approx. 9 lbs.
    + Excellent condition – no scratches, dings, etc.
    + Includes hard-shell Reverend B&W teardrop case – also in excellent condition

I hate to sell off any of my wonderful Reverend equipment (I’m keeping my Rumblefish XL and Slingshot), but this great axe would languish in the corner due to my ineptitude on 5-bangers.

SOLD

More pix available upon request.

Thanks,
    Jess

P.S. Yes, I had this posted a few days ago looking for a trade for an EBMM Bongo 4, but no one is willing to part with their Bongo.

Attached Files:

2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I'm inept on 5-string but that doesn't stop me... :p

You're killin' me, man. I would jump on that if I wasn't still recovering from my Sadowsky purchase (translation: wife will chop off an important body part if I buy another bass). Good luck!

3. Any interest in a Fender Aerodyne Jazz, pristine condition along with an Akai Headrush delay/loop pedal as a trade?

4. JessRobinson

Dec 29, 2004
    Fairfax, VA
    drivenmore,

Sorry, I'm only interested in an EBMM Bongo 4 if it's a trade.

Jess

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    You mean your fingers, of course, right? ;)

-Ray

6. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Dang. I've got a Bongo 5 that I'd maybe consider trading. Shoot. I really dig these basses. Never even played one. Somebody get this and cherish it.

7. I cherish my Reverend 4 String. His description of the bass as being "rare" is probably stretching it. They sold out of the swirl patterns, so that finish is not too rare.

I think my finish is more rare, the brushed aluminum.

8. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Jess, are you SURE you're sure? THINK IT THROUGH, brother.

9. JessRobinson

Dec 29, 2004
    Fairfax, VA
    Yeah, my feeble newbie brain cannot deal with the low B, and frankly I like a slim jazz-style neck on my 4-banger so the mighty BradHouserneck is a bit much for me. The BH5 was an impulse purchase fueled by love for Reverend products. You live and learn...

Anyhow, I've dropped the price. This bass needs somebody to give it some lovin'!

10. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Wow that thing is gorgeous. I'd have loved to play it at the GTG if you'd had it in time. Jess, you are makin' me think hard about blowing $800 that I don't have! :)

11. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    I wish I had an extra 4 banger Bongo around, but I'm down to one and it's a keeper.

If I had one or if I had the cash, I'd snap this up in a heartbeat.

Dang!

12. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

As a Fish collector I can't resist butting in on a thread about them.

I happen to have an identical Brad to the one above. Took me quite a while to find it. Trust me, they are anything but commomplace, regardless of finish. That said, these 1st gen Brads seem to always have a trick finish of some sort or another, and the swirls are certainly that.

Oh, and they sound terrific!

13. All reverends are rare on the market, but I don't think they are rare in the common sense of the word. People just keep them instead of selling them. I hope I never have to sell mine, but I am thinking of buying another main axe. Usually, like this seller, I have to get rid of what I have to upgrade. I am trying to refrain from that by using a credit card now. We'll see.

thunderfunk is on the way :)

14. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I'd like to request more pictures. Also, do you have any soundclips? What is the string spacing at the bridge (17mm, 19mm)? How does the neck feel? Is it finished?

15. JessRobinson

Dec 29, 2004
    Fairfax, VA
    Two more pix attached, several more emailed to you with additional info.

Attached Files:

16. JessRobinson

Dec 29, 2004
    Fairfax, VA
    SOLD to the cool gent from Bawl'more.

Enjoy.

17. JessRobinson

Dec 29, 2004
    Fairfax, VA
    ....and with the proceeds I picked up a Bongo 4 HH today!!!!

18. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ