1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS-Reverend Rumblefish 5 -Red w/gold p.g. #74 5'r

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by wzrdofgz, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This posting is for an older but goodie Reverend Rumblefish 5 (Red w/gold pickguard) Old-skool vibe w/o $$ of a vintage Fender. Couldn't make out the writing @ first R5L #79 not #74
    Very good condition..have 4 of them & need to move onto some other gear so this needs a new home.
    Comes w/ 2-tone reverend case but is not in best shape..(latches work but back seem is separating.) Also will throw in Reverend gig bag. %^)
    Not looking for any trades.. $710 includes shipping (cont. US & will split Ppal fee)

More pix here: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wzrdofgz/album?.dir=3aaa&.src=ph

Attached Files:

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have a Conklin GT-4 and some other stuff for trade...

3. bassinstincts

bassinstincts Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    How old is this beast? And what dings or other cosmetic issues does it have?

4. i'm not really sure of age since i'm not original owner? however, i have the #4 5L made that i got almost 6 years ago, so would say it's @ least 5+ years old.
    very clean for age..i nit-picked the bass pretty good just now i can't seem to find any real flaws, or noticeable marks or marrs. the white core between the top & back is a little aged, not probably as bright white as it once was. thought i detected a little dimple on the back of the neck but may just be some odd grains.
    did locate a small indentation near the second-to-last fret which i tried to capture in the pix. the flash was off on the body pix so it makes it look much darker/faded.
    overall, excellent sounding/looking rev!

Attached Files:

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I want it!

6. let's make it happen :ninja:

7. jacko spades

jacko spades

Jan 9, 2006
    Central FL
    wow I really like that bass... I must first consult my magic 8 ball, however to see if I can pay this month's bills if I buy it

8. it's warm in FL

9. jacko spades

jacko spades

Jan 9, 2006
    Central FL
    yes indeed, but it would be difficult to play bass without any electricity... unless I got a looong extension cord... hmmmm... *goes off to ponder the vile possibilities*

10. true, true..however the reverend's have some excellent "acoustic" tone qualities. let me know..i need to sell a couple of these off to fund my recent maple fretboard Rev.

11. thursday bump.. %^)

12. price drop %^(

13. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    very sharp bass.....what would you compare the tone to? how does the B string sound? is it active or passive?

14. thanks..i've had a few & have a few & they're all retro cool.
    i'm not good on comparisons but would have to say it's pretty growly & jazzy in nature..B string is tight..i usually tune mine to an A. they are passive but have pretty hot output.
    here are some sound links:
    http://www.3lbsoul.com/media.html
    http://www.rainonmeproductions.com/Artist.aspx?id=1004

15. saturday bump:bassist:

16. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    Another bump for a great bass.. good price too. I just sold one for about the same $

17. easter bump:)

18. looks like it's getting closer to auction time.. :crying:

19. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    hey, thanks for getting back to me with that info...the bass I was thinking about selling, I've decided to keep.....so I don't have the dough for this one.....if you'd be interested in a custom relic P bass for it though, let me know.......if not, bump.....good luck with the sale.....

20. PM to ya..:ninja:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.