1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: RIC copy (relist)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ledyard, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ledyard

ledyard

Jan 31, 2010
    Upstate NY
    SO this is a relist of a thread I had up before. Seems the TB'r I got it from gave me a wealth of incorrect specs. In short....he lied about every aspect of this bass. Which probably contributes to why his profile says he is banned.
    Anyways....that being said....its still a GREAT bass. Theres nothing wrong with the bass and the reason it was easy to believe it was worth $800+ is because its is again...a killer bass.
    Pups are very hot. Neck is perfectly straight. Frets have been dressed. Set neck. other than a little contour where your right forearm goes its a perfect ric copy.
    9.2 lb on my digital bathroom scale. 1 5/8" nut width. Comes with awful horrible green strings that I did NOT put on it. I'm leaving them on because I dont want waste money on something I like just to have someone else pull them off and toss them for what they like.
    There is no case but it will be packed very well.
    I used this bass for a few rehearsals and the reasons i have decided to part with it are as follows... first and foremost I need a backup head asap and do not have the funds to do so. secondly, I play a fender J and P as my two main basses. Both have J necks both have pups adjusted so that I can switch between them live without any amp tweaking. The Ric feels different(like a EBMM) and the output is alot hotter than my fenders and would require re-EQing my amp.
    Basically thats it. I have pulled this bass out at my house about bi-daily since I have owned it but its just not going to get used live. Plus its minty and shiny and doesnt fit my vibe with my beat looking fender basses.
    The only origin info I have is that it was an import from china and is a 2011. Im not into chinese basses but this thing kills. If your local to my area i would encourage you to definatley come and play it...you'll poop! :D

$475 shipped and paypal'd CONUS

TRADES..... Not interested unless its including cash on my end towards a STM900. No Bass trades!

IMAG0364.jpg
    IMAG0365.jpg
    IMAG0366.jpg
    IMAG0367.jpg
    IMAG0368.jpg
    IMAG0363.jpg
    Riccopy.jpg

2. ledyard

ledyard

Jan 31, 2010
    Upstate NY
    ALSO>>>>>>

I forgot to mention....look at the pic of the rear headstock and you will notice the D string tuning key was mounted slightly askew. Its not noticable live.
    Also please forgive all the smudgy finger prints. The bass is not dull and cloudy as it appears in a few of the flash shots. its just my lack of wiping it down.

3. basser05

basser05

Jul 30, 2010
    Ahhhh man I want it!! But i am so broke right now!!! And I have nothing I could trade except for a bass! :'(

4. svt1233

svt1233

Jan 15, 2012
    does it have that unmistakable rickenbacker tone?
    also, what wood is the fingerboard? it almost looks too dark to be rosewood.
    also, dibs :)
    pm incoming

5. ledyard

ledyard

Jan 31, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Sold Pending payment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.