1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Rickenbacker 4001C64S

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by PaulBoyer, Oct 12, 2013.

1. PaulBoyer

PaulBoyer Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    While preparing my book over the last eight years or so, I accumulated quite a few Rickenbacker basses. I'm no longer an active player, and I'd like to see the collection distributed to folks who want/need/appreciate a good Rick!

This is a 4001C64S, the Paul McCartney/Wings model with the reversed headstock. It features the vintage reissue Toaster-Top pickup in the bass (neck) position, and the vintage reissue Horseshoe pickup in the treble (bridge) position. The C64S model simulates Macca's bass after he had rounded the cresting-wave horns and stripped the original finish (Fireglo) and the sloppy psychedelic paint job. It was made in 2003 and is in near mint condition, no mods. The finish is that velvety smooth "Maplematte" (satin clear coat) and shows beautiful grain. It has a nice set of flat-wound strings on it, but I don't know the brand or gauge.

Price is firm at $2400 with case plus shipping. No lower offers, no trades.

Attached Files:

2. jbossolo

jbossolo

Sep 22, 2011
    Nice!

3. Bump for a great Rick guy. Bought your book and love it Paul! Highly recommended!

4. ustabawannab

ustabawannab Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human race. Gold Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    Pruning the "Forest" Paul?

5. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

LOL! Yeah, I saw that pic of the Ric National Forest. Holy smokes, what an incredible collection!

6. PaulBoyer

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Yes, I'm calling it the "Clear-Cut Sale." (Clear-cut, forest . . . get it?) I had 15 for sale, and have sold five. Ten more to cut down! Look here for my listings with pics. Right now, the list includes:

4001CS Chris Squire Limited Edition
    4001V63 in rare Turquoise
    4003 in the 2002 Color of the Year Burgundy
    4003 Shadow (one of 50 or 60)
    4001C64S (this thread)
    4003SPC "Naked" Tuxedo (all maple & black trim)
    4004L Fireglo
    4004Cii Blueburst
    4004 Turquoise (was a Laredo, now a Cheyenne II)
    4004Cii Mapleglo five-string conversion

Get 'em while you can!

7. kleingeld

kleingeld Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    As the extremely happy owner of a C64S, I'm giving a bump for a fantastic bass at a totally fair price. I have played numerous Rics over the years and this is by far my favorite model.

(P.S., Paul, I love your book. Don't suppose you have a 4003s/8 you're looking to part with?)

:bassist:

8. PaulBoyer

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Thanks for the plug, kleingeld. No, sorry, I don't have an eight to sell. Never did get one, but have handled several for photos.

9. Still for sale? Does the C64S have the cap in it like the regular C64 or did Paul dump that? Is the finish even more satin than the regular C64? Thanks!

10. PaulBoyer

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Still for sale. Both the C64 and C64S have the .0047 mfd cap in line. If that is not to your taste, you can jump it with a piece of wire.

The 4001C64S like this one is satin coated, while the C64 (no S) is glossy. But as you will find in the book, there were some exceptions. A few C64S got a glossy finish, but it appears that none of the C64 received the satin finish.

11. PaulBoyer

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Still available for Christmas delivery!

12. PaulBoyer

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Sale pending (?)

13. PaulBoyer