1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Ristola 4 string 'Exotic series'

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by NickyBass, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    ++++Bass is on hold pending trade++++

This is a tough one. As much as I love this bass, it may need to move. I've done some irresponsible spending in the last few weeks. Also have a custom on the way---and a child on the way!!!

-Swamp ash body with splalted sycamore top.
    -Gloss sunburst finish.
    -34" maple/bubinga neck.
    -Morado fingerboard.
    -Hipshot UltraLight tuners.
    -Hipshot 'A' style bridge.
    -Bone nut.
    -Nordstand Big Singles pickups.
    -Aguilar OBP3 preamp
    -Active/passive switch.
    -Mid select switch.
    -7 lbs. 10 oz.

Will ship in hard case.

It has wooden knobs on it now, and I will include the originals. This bass was made in 2005. I am the second owner. I played this bass so much that the wood near the pickups was wearing alot. And it had a good bit of 'slapping rash'. So I decided to have it refinished in a gloss. While I was at it, I figured--why not be daring and go for a see-through sunburst finish. I think it came out amazing. The work was done by Pat Wilkins.

I would like to get $1400 for this bass. This includes shipping and any PayPal fees.

sunburst2.

sunburst1.

sunburst6.

2. brandonwong

brandonwong Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Wow.. the burst is very nice!
    All the best for the sale... bump for an easy seller.

3. does this one play as nice as your fretless?

congrats on the (soon to be) new addition!!!

4. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Hey Mark. Hope all is well with you and yours. My son will be here at the begining of September. We are very excited. Nervous, but excited.

This bass is a joy to play. It is so light, yet sounds so huge. It isn't punchy like the fretless. It can get a huge array of tones. From Jaco-esque to completly modern to slightly old school. It definitely has it's own charactor. The Nordstrands are amazing pickups. I cannot say enough about them. I play it in passive mode most of the time, but every once in a while, I flip the switch and boost the lows and.....wow...this thing is intense.

You're more than welcome to check it out.

5. I just ordered a 55-02, seems I needed a 5 more than I thought.
    if it's still around when we can both sneak out of the house, I'd love to try it.

6. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    any trades or are you just lookin for cash?

7. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    I would be open to a few trades, but I'd like to get at least half in cash. I'm looking for small lightweight cabs...Epi UL and other neo's. Also, rackmount pres and power amps....Alembic, Stewart, etc.

I'm not really looking for basses at the moment.

8. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Oh, I'd also be interested in an Eden WT550.

9. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Bump for a great guy sellin a great bass. I've got a Ristola six string and it's a wonderful bass....can't go wrong on this one, especially for the price..

10. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Thanks for the bump and the kind words. This bass is such a joy to play and if I could keep them all, I would. However, I went on a crazy spending spree and need to recoup some money. I'm also trying to find a 5 or 6 that is as comfortable to play as this bass.

11. basstodave

basstodave

Jan 12, 2002
    arizona
    My Pedulla Rapture JJ 5 string is pretty darn comfortable:D...lightweight,too...interested?

12. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    I appreciate the offer, but right now I'm very very picky about trades. My son arrived on August 25th and we could always use the extra money. Of course, if you have a CB 6er......

13. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Bump

14. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    What kind of sound is this bass? ... modern ... vintage ... or just clean

15. fendersax

fendersax

Feb 17, 2007
    Philadelphia
    i keep watching this one....please sell it before i do something irrational! Nicky you always seem to have the greatest basses up here! hope you and the missus are well and of course congrats on the arrival of Benni!

16. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    It's a nice mix, but leans towards a more modern tone. It originally had Barts in it, but I switched them out with Nordstrand Big Singles. This brought the tone a little closer to the J bass tone, but in no way would I say it has a 'vintage' tone. It hints at it, but doesn't nail that classic single coil J sound.

17. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Traded!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.