1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: RL PHA-1, EH POG

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by craigb, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Hey Y'all,

This stuff is either not getting used (the POG) or is no longer going to be used (PHA-1) when I move out of an office and into a cube later this year . . . so rather than keep it stored away in a drawer I'm looking to turn it into other gear (with an intermediate step at cash). Here's what I've got:

Raven Labs PHA-1: You probably know what it is (a great headphone amp) and that they aren't made any more. Very nice unit but it's not going to get any more use after they move us into cubes (I have a Cafe Walter I use at home). In great shape with a RL AC adapter. $200 shipped in the US paypal OK

ElectroHarmonix POG (poly-octave generator): A very cool effect. Polyphonic. Has dry, -1 octave, +1 octave, +1 octave detuned, +2 octave and +2 octave detuned sliders. Also input level and 3-position filter with slider control. Can do cool organ sounds and emulate 8/12-string basses. But I guess I'm just not an effects guy as I'm not using it. Pristine condition in original packaging with EH AC adapter. $275 shipped in the US paypal OK

Trade-wise I'm gearing up to look for a G&L SB-2 (I could include an Avatar 1x12 in a trade deal for one of those as well although I wouldn't be looking to sell an Avatar until after I build some cabs from Bill Fitzmaurice's plans if I ever get around to it). Lightweight, compact power amps are also interesting (lightweight to me means significantly less than the 25lbs of my Carvin DCM-1000s).

2. craigb

Hmmm, after some thought there are some cabs that might really be interesting to me:

- Acme Low B2s (8 Ohm)
    - if you are builder, some Omni-10s or DR-250s
    - or a 4-Ohm Schroeder 1210 or 1212.

3. craigb

Price drops:

$175 for the PHA-1

$250 for the POG -- SOLD!

prices include shipping/insurance in the contiguous 48, paypal OK

4. craigb

More wanted to trade for stuff:

G&L fretless 4 (1.5" nut width)
    Lightweight (<= 45 lbs) 4Ohm 1x12s

5. craigb

Took some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    What would the top of that PHA-1 look like if you wiped the top off with some 409?

7. craigb

What no Jamerson "funk is in the crud" approach to electronics?

I wiped it down and there is some light scratching on the top - near both sides. The rest was the textured finish and dust. I'll try and get some more pics tomorrow when there's some natural light.

8. Sent a pm....might have a trade offer.

Jay

9. craigb

A couple of pics after a wipedown:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the second one is a little bit blurry but it's the only one where you could see the minor scratching on the left side of the top (as it's oriented in the pic). There is some light scratching on the other side as well. But it's very hard to photograph, or even see - you need the top at the correct angle to the light to see it.

So it's not mint/new but I'd call it very good.

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    OK, I'll take it. Email sent.

11. craigb

Sold to Munji

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.