1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Rob Allen Solid 4 - amazing bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by nostatic, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    Lompoc, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    SOLD SOLD SOLD

These don't show up very often on the used market - due in part to the low build number and the ridiculous quality of the construction along with the amazing tone. I bought this a month or so ago used and while I love the bass, I'm just not a 4-string kinda guy unless it is short scale.

So, I'd like to find a good home for this special bass. I had Rob lower the action and go over it a few weeks ago. He *loves* this instrument as it is a stunning piece of ash for the body - light and resonant. The neck is comfy and the fretboard is Brazilian rosewood with rolled edges. The pickguard is very cool Italian celluloid. The Alnico 2 pickup is hand wound, and this one is a bit hotter than what Rob currently makes. The sound is like a vintage P-bass, but has the characteristic RA tone as well. Weight is around 7.5lbs.

If you were to buy one new you'd be looking at over $4K. Selling for $2200 shipped in the CONUS. Comes with the original hardshell case (perfect condition).

Sorry, not looking for trades as I have another Mouse on order.

In action:

s4-1.jpg

s4-2.jpg

s4-3.jpg

s4-4.jpg

s4-5.jpg

2. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    Lompoc, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    Some pics of the case and the Brazilian RW

s4n1.jpg

s4n2.jpg

s4n4.jpg

3. Archie Jr.

Archie Jr. Midnight Rider Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2009
    PM'd

4. ghiadub

ghiadub Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Auburn, CA
    Drool

5. johnf

johnf

Jul 8, 2007
    New Zealand
    That's a great bass a good price. Would you consider shipping to New Zealand?

6. johnf

johnf

Jul 8, 2007
    New Zealand
    further to my last post - I naturally pay costs for shipping to New Zealand. I already have a MB2 and have been after a Solid 4 for a while. New is out of my price range and as you mentioned second hand ones don't show up that often.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.