Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Rockbass Vamp 5, Plat. Warlock Guitar, Peavey 4x10" combo

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by BlacktotheBlind, Aug 5, 2005.

1. BlacktotheBlind

BlacktotheBlind Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Indianapolis
    (I decided to merge a couple of threads of all the stuff I am selling)

Alright, here's the deal. Basically I've been in limbo all summer because my brother and I have been waiting for a job offer from somewhere (he just graduated with a teaching degree) and instead of going to CT like we had planned for we're actually going to Las Vegas which will end up being more expensive, so here are a few of many things we have for sale.

Up forsale is a used B.C. Rich Platinum Series Warlock Guitar, and an old Peavey 4x10" Combo guitar amp.

The Vampyre 5 is no longer for sale.

About the B.C. Rich Platinum series Warlock guitar. Very nice axe, no noticeable dings or scratches. Sounds great, everything works fine. Like i said, i'm only selling because I'll be moving soon and I need the dough. Comes with coffin case.

I'll let it go for $360 shipped in the main 48 states

Pictures:

Warlock
    Warlock1
    Warlock2
    Warlock3
    Warlock4

About the Peavey 4x10" 50 watt Combo Guitar Amp. It has some pretty good wear and tear on the frame itself. Small chunk of wood missing, few tears and scrapes. I'm guessing that this thing is nearly 30 years old. I think its tube driven? I've never really played through it myself, but my brother says that it does give a good clean vintage sound. At the very least it's good for practice. Pictures up later when i find the camera.

Asking $100 + shipping OBO

2. BlacktotheBlind

May 5, 2004
    Indianapolis
  3. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Just so you know, if the screw hole for the pickup is stripped, it can easily be fixed by using a toothpick, and a little wood glue to dowel the hole. Then, just put the screw back in and it is good as new. The other screw can be removed by pushing the pickup down into the cavity with your hand, and grabbing the stripped head with a pair of pliars to turn it out. Head to a local music shop, and a replacement screw can be had for a buck or two. As for the dings, I see nothing major at all, and nothing I'd consider more than normal wear from regular use. Personally, I think you are selling yourself a bit short on the price. With 10 minutes work you could probably pull 400-500 out of it on ebay. Just hate to see people lose money!

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    cool, it's a 50 watter... similar to the "Classic 50" of today. Loud and clean for guitar. killer price too.

My finances are spead a bit thin so I have to pass.... but if it sits long enough I might talk myself into it ;)

5. BlacktotheBlind

May 5, 2004
    Indianapolis
    Thanks Tim, I'll definitely look into that!

And thanks James, I don't know to much about this amp. I'll fix my post.

Also, I weighed the amp and its about 60 lbs for those of you who concerned about the weight.

6. BlacktotheBlind

May 5, 2004
    Indianapolis
    Ok, i'm leaving in two days for Vegas. Last chance on the Peavey, $100 + shipping OBO. If nothing happens by thursday then i'll just drag it to GC and take whatever they'll give me for it.

7. 5bassman

5bassman Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Kennesaw,GA
    PM Sent

8. 5bassman

5bassman Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Kennesaw,GA
    Will this work for bass as a practice amp?